by simplyzachariah

Original Post

[JA] Selling table - cannot reclaim table

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats/Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Celebration and Grim's Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a Selvadoradian craft table and go to a public lot. I went to the Arts Center in the city to sell. Start tending and then start a sale. Stop tending. At some point someone will come up and start selling at the table, even with your items on it. You can clear, reset, debug, leave the lot, leave the game, and you can't reclaim your table because someone else's stuff is on it. Without debugging you don't even have the option to try to put it in inventory. I've turned off my mods and script mods and it didn't make a difference. Same with a new save file.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you are tending a table in a public place to sell and stop tending the table someone can run up behind you and throw their items on the table to sell, even if your items are still there stocking the table. Once that happens, you can clear to get your stock back but you cannot reclaim the table. So far even though the vendor is gone his items are still on the table and I can't get the table back.
What do you expect to see? Since the table is owned by my sim I should be able to clear the table of NPC's items to reclaim my table. I can't keep their items but I should be able to empty the table so I can have my table back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Suspected bug: If you are tending a selling table in a public place and stop tending the table someone can run up behind you and throw their items on the table to sell, even if your items are still there stocking the table. Once that happens, you can clear to get your stock back but you cannot reclaim the table. So far even though the vendor is gone his items are still on the table and I can't get the table back.

How to recreate: Get a Selvadoradian craft table and go to a public lot. I went to the Arts Center in the city to sell. Start tending and then start a sale. Stop tending. At some point someone will come up and start selling at the table, even with your items on it. You can clear, reset, debug, leave the lot, leave the game, and you can't reclaim your table because someone else's stuff is on it. Without debugging you don't even have the option to try to put it in inventory. I've turned off my mods and script mods and it didn't make a difference. Same with a new save file. 

What I expect to happen: Since the table is owned by my sim I should be able to clear the table of NPC's items to reclaim my table. I can't keep their items but I should be able to empty the table so I can put the table in inventory. 

Edit By Crinrict: adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 1 (335 Views)