Re: Supply ship “out of play zone” bug

by DeMiGoD1988

Original Post

Re: Return to the battle Bug

Champion (Retired)

@TortillaThaHun wrote:

Just had this problem. Was jumpmaster, took us to a dropship, got the "return to battlefield" message while on the dropship and died after dropping to the ground in-bounds. Repeatedly died immediately upon hitting the ground when respawned.

This is exactly what happened to me just now.

Message 121 of 186 (631 Views)

Re: Return to the battle Bug

★★★ Newbie

I have had this problem and I know of one friend who encountered this glitch. I am scared of supply ship now Frown

Message 122 of 186 (625 Views)

Out of bounds timer on supply ship never goes away even after dying and reviving

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1070Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GazBlackheart
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Mourninglied, Kyrroh
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Caustic
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline, Bloodhound
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply ship/ multiple places on map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting a supply ship / respawning
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 3
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/05/2019 11:00pm
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Constantly dying over and over because the out of bounds timer persists regardless of if you are still out of bounds and even after revived.
What should be happening instead? When we leave the out of bounds area the timer doesn't kill us
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk

Teammate got like 14 revives off of us because it would kill us as we respawn over and over.

Message 123 of 186 (619 Views)

Return to the Battle! - No way out.

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? HamiltonMoose
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline (resurrecting teammate), Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The ship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was downed and ressed on the ship's wing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 8?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/3/19 12:45
What happens when the bug occurs? Out of bounds countdown is impossible to drop and carries through even after dying and being both resurrected or revived.
What should be happening instead? ...no out of bounds countdown
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was downed on top of the ship about 10 seconds into my game and landed onto the wing of the ship. I was able to hide on there until my team finished the opponents off and then resurrected me. I received the out of bounds warning and countdown after being revived. When I was touching the ship with my feet it would continue to count down. When I would jump, the count would pause. Thinking "surly this will countdown and I'll be fine." Nope. I was killed when the count hit zero. My team was able to retrieve my banner and use a resurrect on me. Once I revived and hit the ground the count down started again from 30 seconds.I was under fire at this time and ended up being finished off. I was retrieved yet again and revived. This time, the moment my feet touched the ground I died.

Please make this easier. This is too difficult to report bugs. I only did this because I like this game and this obviously shouldn't happen.

Message 124 of 186 (539 Views)

Reviving on a dropship bug

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 8GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheRussianB
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. setharu, RemBodyPiIIow
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Pathfinder, Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply ship, then south of Wetlands
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Getting revived on top of the supply ship mid flight
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.06.19 09:15
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What happens when the bug occurs? When you are on the dropship, you get the "Return to battle" warning. If you jump down and land on the ground, it does not go away. Once the timer runs out and you die, if your squadmates res you, you get the "Return to battle warning" again. If you jump (on the ship or on the ground) the warning goes away until you land again.
What should be happening instead? I should not be getting the "Return to battle" warning whatsoever. Not on the dropship, not on the ground. I was never out of he battle zone.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Drop onto the dropship 2. Get downed midflight 3. Get revived midflight above some mountains (aka outside of battle)

Disclaimer: I have only seen this bug once and have not attempted to recreate it because the conditions are hard to recreate in a live game. I am not sure if this is what causes it but this is my assumption:

I'm assuming this bug is due to getting revived midflight on the dropship (above a restricted zone) as that was the condition under which the bug occurred but I'm not sure.

Message 125 of 186 (512 Views)

Return to Match count down kills me twice.

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? dirtEllama
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. dirtEchickens
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Mirage and Wraith
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I landed on a supply ship at the beginning of a game, between skull town and the market
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Picking up loot as I normally do on the supply ship
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? maybe 6 or 7
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.06.19 12:37 AM Pacific
What happens when the bug occurs? I land on the supply ship, it says my character is out of bounds and gives me a timer to return to the match. I jumped off the supply ship but the timer keeps going and my character dies. I got re-spawned back in and died right as I hit the ground with another return to match timer.
What should be happening instead? My character not dying for no reason
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea.

I have no clue how this happened, the servers also had a lot of lag in each match all night. This game however was just completely unfair because I died twice for no reason whatsoever, I was on the ground in a normal place on the map and still died due to the return to match timer.

Message 126 of 186 (510 Views)

Supply ship “out of play zone” bug

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MrGREEN-832
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Either Bangalore or Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. On supply ship flying over somewhere by market and skulltown
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Killed a player dropping on supply ship and picked up a legendary armor shield
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? To many
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/09/19 10:00pm
What happens when the bug occurs? I was on the supply ship and I had killed a player and then picked up a legendary armor shield and then my screen started saying to get back into the play zone as if I was on top of one of the “mountains” “pillars” whatever you want to call them where a timer counts down from 30 and I was on the supply ship... didn’t think much of it other than maybe we are flying over the areas you can’t get to and it’s bugging out not knowing I was on the supply ship with my teammates. Then once it kept going and we weren’t over the forbidden area anymore (or if we ever were) I decided to jump off the ship when it got to a couple seconds left on the timer and I died anyways when I jumped off ship and was already on the ground from the out of zone timer..
What should be happening instead? The out of zone timer shouldn’t be counting you out of bounds when your on supply ship.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know, maybe do a test on the supply ship a whole bunch of times. Only happened to me once so far but I don’t really ever drop on the supply ship at the beginning of the match. But it has happened and figured I should bring to your attention because I was pretty happy landed on it and killed someone and then got a legendary armor shield and then I got killed by a out of bounds timer when i was on the supply ship... it was a pretty frustrating.

I wish I had video for it but I didn’t think to share my gameplay when it was happening it was on ps4 and I had dropped onto the supply ship at beginning of game and killed someone and picked up a legendary armor shield and was excited but then started getting out of bounds timer going and it counted all the way down from 30 seconds with the timer going on and off as if I was going back and forth from in bounds to out of bounds but it kept going down and then killed me... when I wasn’t out of bounds..

Message 127 of 186 (483 Views)

Re: Supply ship “out of play zone” bug

★ Guide

I'd say more then 9% it's happened to me so often.. only way to pause it is to jump but soon as you land it continues. Once you die from the countdown you get respawned and guess what the timer is at 30 again

Message 128 of 186 (462 Views)

Wrong RETURN TO BATTLE message

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DEsilencee
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Supply Ship and outside of Market
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Intial drop
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 25.06.19 04:00 AST
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the message RETURN TO BATTLE incorrectly
What should be happening instead? Shouldn't be getting the message
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, this is the first time I got it. I dropped from the main ship and landed in the supply ship, and began receiving the message RETURN TO BATTLE.

After dropping, me and my squad landed in the supply ship and immediately the countdown of RETURN TO BATTLE began to tick. So I got of the supply ship,  and landed outside of Market, and the countdown was still ticking, after it reached zero, I died. 

Message 129 of 186 (559 Views)

Re: Wrong RETURN TO BATTLE message

★★★ Newbie

My team respawned me many times and the error continued every moment I was touching the ground. 

Message 130 of 186 (453 Views)