Sulani rental issues

by mbcrunch11

Original Post

Sulani rental issues

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know how to find that.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them except for outdoor retreat and some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a lot in Sulani a rental and then later on try to change it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I made a lot in Sulani a rental and now I can't change it to anything else, I even tried to buy it as a retail lot like some fixes said to do and that didn't work.
What do you expect to see? I expected to be able to change the lot type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I changed a lot in Sulani into a rental property a while ago and recently moved someone on to the lot and tried to change it to a residential lot and I can't change it. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,506 Views)

Re: Sulani rental issues

★★ Apprentice

How did you change it to a rental lot in the first place? I thought you could only do that in granite falls and selvadorada. 

Message 2 of 10 (2,460 Views)

Hero

@mbcrunch11I suggest you move the sim out and try to change the lot venue type to residential in build mode.  Rental lots elsewhere cannot be edited except in buildmode usually.  If it works then move the sim back in.

Message 3 of 10 (2,457 Views)

Hero
@mbcrunch11 Did you change it to rental with a mod installed ? As Maeve3107 said, rental shouldn't be an option on the vanilla game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,415 Views)

★ Novice

I changed it a when Sulani first came out, it was an option then. I then just left it and didn't even think about it until i recently tried to move a family on to that lot.

Message 5 of 10 (2,395 Views)

★ Novice

It says the lot type is a rental - Salvadorian.

Message 6 of 10 (2,394 Views)

Hero
@mbcrunch11 There used to be an option but that never did anything for me. I couldn't change it to rental

Did you try moving the sims out and change it then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,383 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I have moved the sims out and tried to go in build mode to try and change it. And I have tried to have someone buy it as a retail lot, and it isn't available to purchase. 

Message 8 of 10 (2,357 Views)

Hero
@mbcrunch11 Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (2,333 Views)

★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. I had to download Zerbus venue mod to fix it.

Message 10 of 10 (2,243 Views)