Re: Sulani Lots: Floor Glitch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sulani Lots: Floor Glitch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Moschino Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Must be in Sulani and on a lot with water.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically if you angle or zoom in on an open deck (no closed walls) above water the floor glitches. You can see through the flooring and see the foundation. Pics will be provided below.
What do you expect to see? The floor, of course. lol
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been an ongoing issue since I bought Island Living. I reported it before on my husband's account, but received no response. I only just started using mods 2 days ago when I got my new PC. Prior to this, I have been using NO mods on my game.

Here are some things I have tried:

x. Unistalled then reinstalled the Sims 4 entirely. [FAILED]

x. Restarting the game. [FAILED]

x. Repairing game. [FAILED]
x. Moved house on lot. [FAILED]

Message 1 of 6 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

use a small fence or half wall.  The game is programed to fill in floors when all the walls connect.

Or use the deck foundation tool, that just builds foundation floor with no walls that look like a deck.

Message 2 of 6 (862 Views)

@drparafox

Can you try a vanilla game without CC? Move your Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file then load up the lot and see how it is.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 6 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

As I said prior, this has been on going since I bought Island Living. I never used any mods up until 2 days ago. Before that, all my games were vanilla. But this has always happened and it has never stopped.

Message 4 of 6 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9 

I did use foundation deck. I have used small fences and half walls. No matter what, nothing works. It happens all the time unless I use normal sized walls. Otherwise, it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 6 (801 Views)

@drparafox

Ok. Could you upload that lot to the gallery so I can test it in my game? I haven’t managed to repro in my game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (752 Views)