Suggestions work once to get rid of sadness and then not again

by JSitala

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suggestions work once to get rid of sadness and then not again

★★★★ Novice

I've taken most every suggestion to get rid of sadness in one of my Sims 4 characters. They work the first time and not again. Not even the cheat cas.fulleditmode make happy worked more than once.

I'm hoping there is a glitch in the program that can be fixed because it gets depressing playing Sims when a charcter refuses to come out of a sad mood.

Thanks

Message 1 of 17 (8,928 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suggestions work once to get rid of sadness and then not again

[ Edited ]
Hero

It was called make happy in Sims 3 when they didn't have emotions. It's a legacy thing.

I'm just collecting. I don't work for EA and I can't make them fix anything.

I still don't think this is a bug. For changes please use the feedback thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (7,721 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[quote="Mylita;12751912"]

Indeed, I have gotten into the habit of reloading all cheats after every single load screen. I do hope they change this so the cheats survive loading. In TS3, I loved the WA EP the best. I did the cheats before I left home for where ever, and the cheats were still in place in the WA country. Never had to redo them. It is a pain that TS4 doesn't do that! I hope, really hope EA fixes this.

Mylita[/quote]

I feel this should be shared here

Message 2 of 17 (8,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[quote="Mafiastyle;12751809"][quote="JSitala_28;12751797"][quote="SpunkyBeli;12751759"][quote="ArkansasWoman777;12751738"][quote="JSitala_28;12751729"][quote="SpunkyBeli;12751695"]

instead of using the cas full edit mode, do this:

testingcheats true
shift click mailbox
choose needs decay
click make family happy
shift click mailbox
needs
choosed disable family needs decay

you can also from this menu choose to make the whole neighbourhood happy as well, THIS is the cheat that works exactly like the sims 3 guaranteed everytime NO FAIL[/quote]

Well, you see, the whole point of this thread....do I have to say it again...is that a cheat should work every time guaranteed. If it doesn't something is wrong. If I use a cheat that says MAKE HAPPY and it works the first time it should work EVERY TIME, correct?

[/quote]

One person did say that the cheat resets if you encounter a loading screen, although whether you did or not i don't know

[/quote]

Exactly, you have to do this everytime you move around the neighbourhood, if you don't have a mailbox, ie hidden worlds and venues then you do like @catloverplayer said and shift click your sim, EASY AS PIE!!!!
[/quote]

So, are you saying that any loading screen you use automatically cancels out every cheat you have already programmed, even if you save BEFORE the loading screen appears?

[/quote]

Yes. It disables the need decay one and can remove the testing cheat effect.
Loading screen from the gym-> home -> bar those loading screens
[/quote]

Hey, that's not cool. That should be fixed!

Message 3 of 17 (8,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ohhhhhh, yeah what Towiciaaa said.

IN TS3 you could shift click the moodlets you wanted to delete, not in TS4.

MY COMMENT:

Please make Sims 4 like Sims 3 in this respect. Having Sims in depressing moods is no fun!!

We should have the option to keep them happy ALL THE TIME if we want to. After all, I play Sims to be happy not uncomfortable, sad or embarassed or whatever other depressing mood they may get into.

Message 4 of 17 (8,898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me it's like this: I have to put up with all sorts of baloney in my life. When I play Sims I want to create a world where they never have any problems UNLESS I deliberately want them to have problems. I don't want them getting uncomfortable for ANY REASON unless I DELIBERATELY want them to be uncomfortable.

I can't have such a life, but I want to give THEM the life of my dreams!

Message 5 of 17 (8,895 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me the Sims fantasy is this:

In the Sims world...

((( I AM GOD!!! )))

That's what makes Sims so cool!!

However, Sims is NOT COOL when the characters become uncomfortable FOR ANY REASON when I don't want them to be. I don't like playing Sims and being periodically reminded that I am not God. It ruins the fantasy for me!

As God, if I want my Sims to be happy all the the time

THEN THEY ARE HAPPY ALL THE TIME, PERIOD!!

Gosh, there are only two places where I am God. In Photoshop and, now, when playing Sims...well, at least if this new cheat works EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

So far this is working:

instead of using the cas full edit mode, do this:

"testingcheats true
shift click mailbox
choose needs decay
click make family happy
shift click mailbox
needs
choosed disable family needs decay

you can also from this menu choose to make the whole neighbourhood happy as well, THIS is the cheat that works exactly like the sims 3 guaranteed everytime NO FAIL"*

*It should be noted that as soon as you go to ANY LOADING SCREEN, travel somewhere etc, the cheat cancels out and you have to re-enter it if you want it to work again.

Message 6 of 17 (8,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is this a repost from the official forum ? It's a bit confusing tbh.

Is your Sim really sad (does he walk like that and all) or is it just a matter of the portrait not updating ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (8,889 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes these were suggestions taken from the main forum and my comments along with them. The core point is in the OP:

I've taken most every suggestion to get rid of sadness in one of my Sims 4 characters. They work the first time and not again. Not even the cheat cas.fulleditmode make happy worked more than once.

I'm hoping there is a glitch in the program that can be fixed because it gets depressing playing Sims when a charcter refuses to come out of a sad mood.

Thanks

MY COMMENT:

When I use a cheat that says MAKE HAPPY it should work every single time, not just once and not again. Please fix this so that I can make my Sims happy INSTANTLY guaranteed, no matter what mood they may be in.

Thanks

Message 8 of 17 (8,883 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ALSO:

In Sims 3 when you press the F10 key the UI disappears, which is great, when you press F10 again it comes back just the same as it was before

In Sims 4 the tab key gets rid of the UI. When you press the tab key again the UI comes back and you are send wayyyyyy up in the air and you have to jump through proverbial hoops to get back to where you were. The best thing I find to do is scroll down until all you see is the floor BEFORE you hit the tab key again. If you do this you don't have to do as much to get back to the same view.

That is very annoying! Please fix this!

Thanks!

Message 9 of 17 (8,874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There are a heck of a lot of people complaining about Sims 4. I sure hope you guys are going to go out of your way to address all our issues. Please do so!

and 

Please give Sims 4 characters better dancing moves like in Sims 3

Thanks!

Message 10 of 17 (8,871 Views)