Suddenly owning unwanted skin and got crafting metal used for that

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six Core Processor
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? kyndesu
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Happened on Valkyrie and Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Im not sure on Valkyrie but on Octane it was trios but i dropped alone, i assumed it was matchmaking bug
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby and all other area
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. When choosing legends
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A lot
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.06.21 9:00 PM GMT +8
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My crafting metal got used for skin that i dont even want to buy It just happened, i suddenly got the skin, my crafting metal got used
What should be happening instead? Nothing should happened because i didnt have any intention on buying or crafting those skin
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think you can check my purchase detail or crafting detail

So this bug happened twice already and i think its quite severe
I've never had intention to buy a valk skin, i think the first time it happened is on the first week of the new season and i saw that i have valkyrie skin
I thought i got it from apex pack, but then i realized that my crafting metal got used
Unfortunately i thought that was just my mistake until it happened again

Again i dont want to buy octane speed demon skin and the alternate color yet for some reason i have it and unfortunately my crafting metal got used from it
It's insane because i keep saving my crafting metal for other stuff yet for some reason the skin appears in the list and my crafting metal is now at 1200
I'm pretty sure its a bug because yesterday my friend asked me about how much my crafting metal and i was saying around 2.5k but now i only have around 1.2k left

Please notice this bug and i hope there are some solution towards this bug because i dont even main octane, why would i buy the skin and the battle pass skin already quite nice
I also noticed that the banner for my octane got changed, i believe it used to be octane with blue gold battle pass skin, with the battle pass banner, with juggling frag grenade pose
But it changed to legendary shark banner, with speed demon skin
It's so weird, did i got hacked or something? please help

Message 1 of 4 (275 Views)

Re: Suddenly owning unwanted skin and got crafting metal used for that

Community Manager

@kyndesu Yes, it certainly sounds like your account may have been accessed without your knowledge. Perhaps it's someone in your household, but it's also possible that someone is accessing it from elsewhere.

You can reset your password using the steps here, It's also usually a good idea to add 2-factor authentication.

It may be wise to secure any other accounts which have shared login details too.

Unfortunately we don't have a way to roll back purchases made on an account. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but how to change if i logged in from steam?

im using steam mobile apps for login so there is no way that they couldve used my account

and the hacking is getting crazier, i just checked my rank and its diamond now while i almost never play rank this season

i was platinum or gold and suddenly im diamond and for some reason i have 4k damage badge on my pathfinder but the biggest damage ive ever gotten is like 2k on other legend like mirage and loba

Message 3 of 4 (231 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Even if you play on steam, you'll have a linked EA account which might have been accessed, and that is functionally the same as your Steam one. If you're unsure of the login details for it, you can use the Steam login option at the help.ea.com site.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)