Sudden "Reset" Occurring on Public Lots

by cs3k

Original Post

Sudden "Reset" Occurring on Public Lots

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Cook Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a Sim to a public lot and stay there long enough to observe the issue. Have the sim perform actions such as eating food or playing an instrument, anything that takes time to do.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game "reloads" (best way I can describe it) and suddenly all Sims on the lot are standing idle and have dropped what they were previously doing. Food plates will be on tables/the floor, and any Sim who was performing any kind of action will have stopped doing so, and immediately be reset to an idle standing position. This happens only on Public lots. When the Sim is at home, this behavior is not observed.
What do you expect to see? When on Public lots I would expect Sims to be able to go on with their lives without being periodically interrupted, such as they have been able to up until the most recent patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has been occurring since the most recent patch that went out 1-2 weeks ago.

Problem is as described above. Whenever my sims are at public lots, about 2-3 times (depending on how long my active sim is there), the game will seem to reload, and all sims on the lot will suddenly be reset to an idle position, standing up. Even if they were previously sitting, the entire lot will be reset to a standing idle position. The sims can be told to resume what they were doing before the "reset," but it doesn't end up being long before it occurs again. This happened twice in the most recent scenario when my sim was trying to eat food. Poor guy couldn't even finish a meal!

I have confirmed that this issue only occurs on public lots, not residential lots. I have also confirmed that there seems to be no "trigger" to the issue, such as an event or specific action. It seems to be completely random. 

I have confirmed this issue occurs across multiple different saves and households. I have repaired the game, cleared the caches, and ultimately attempted to completely reinstall the game. None of these have worked. 

Message 1 of 22 (843 Views)

Re: Sudden "Reset" Occurring on Public Lots

Hero

Do you have any lastException files for those ?

If so, please either create a rar file and upload to your post or c/p the text within spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (823 Views)

Hero

Tagging @cs3k  for lastException files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (743 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech for now. Might be a known issue but a LE would help a lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (729 Views)

★★ Pro
@cs3k I'm having this issue too and it kind of seems like it has something to do with the barista shift change. I think I've had this occur multiple times while in a bar and then all the sims reset and then the baristas change shifts.
Message 5 of 22 (667 Views)

Hero
@siirysiir Could you please attach your LE ?

Either c/p or create a .rar file and upload that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (639 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict Hey, I'll do that next time it happens just to be sure. BTW I put mods back in my game after figuring out that this happens regardless of mods. Not sure if this is of any importance since I barely have any experience with xml so far.
Message 7 of 22 (620 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict Sorry I kinda left you hanging on this but I had to do some actual work so no simming for a few months until just recently Standard smile

Anyway just giving an update that I haven't seen this at all after I last posted. I'll provide the LE if it happens again.
Message 8 of 22 (559 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I have seen the same issue many times, and I have read more reprots of * (not bug reports, butin technical sections). I haven't gotten any LE's, It is not only when the bartenders change shift, but when certain drinks are ordered. I haven't tested it thouroughly.

Message 9 of 22 (546 Views)

★★ Pro
@DonroaAkashu But you are pretty sure it was due to some certain drink? Strange since as I remember testing it, it seemed to occur at certain hours. :0 It's hard to test without that much knowledge of the game code since it's hard to tell which events are actually linked :/ I was using a nightclub venue, how about you?
Message 10 of 22 (516 Views)