Product: UFC 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? GODKILLER65
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 08/10/20
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 01:00AM
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Which mode has this happened in? Other
Summarize your bug In Career Mode, my fighter has learned leg locks by inviting another fighter. However, when attempting a leg lock the option is not present. I use legacy controls and I am in the correct positions to attempt the sub (stacked guard, top half guard).
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Career Mode, learn leg locks and attempt one using legacy controls.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option for leg locks are not present.
What do you expect to see? The option to attempt a leg lock.

In Career Mode, my fighter has learned leg locks by inviting another fighter. However, when attempting a leg lock the option is not present. I use legacy controls and I am in the correct positions to attempt the sub (stacked guard, top half guard).

Message 1 of 45 (29,947 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Submissions- Leg Lock

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So that doesn't work, hundreds of restarts later, I found the actual solution, you have to create a health event which causes the blue or red screen outline, which drops your opponent, soon as he lays flat on his backwith legs up for him, stack guard, L2+R1 and left on the right analogue for ps4 or LT+RB and right analogue left for xbox, if you time it right, the moment you stack guard and enter that command after a health event should let a knee bar happen, I can verify. You only need submit your opponent once with a knee bar to get a leg lock from top full guard, which fixes the entire bug 

*UPDATE*

EA_Blueberry: Marking this post solved since this tip has helped others. The team is still looking into this feedback though!

View in thread

Message 26 of 45 (32,040 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, it shows learned in the invite menu, but it doesn't appear in my list of skills when I'm looking at the bjj trainer

Message 2 of 45 (29,854 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems like the leg lock lvl 1 don't appear in the moveset, even though you (just like my self) have trained to unlock it. Even after the training session with Chang sung yung who initially thought the moves they don't appear. I noticed that during a bjj level 2 class in training camp, where the evolution boost of leg locks was a plus of 39%. Normally the "equiped" moves would be green, showing your current progress. Here however, nothing showed up and everything was greyish. I guess we can only hope that the developers notice that quickly and fix that during an update. Thats actually quite frustrating because if you advance to fast in the career you are not able to learn the imanari roll from Tony Ferguson because the requirements are lvl 3 leg locks :/

Message 3 of 45 (29,805 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, unfortunately I have the same issue and can't learn the roll leg lock, quite annoying as I've advanced to Goat status already, but glad it's not just mine that is doing this

Message 4 of 45 (29,796 Views)

★ Novice

Glad to find out that I’m not the only one going through this, it’s extremely frustrating. I was even having trouble pulling it off during the training phase to learn it, it wouldn’t pop up from top half guard or stacked guard. I hope they fix this as fast as possible.

Message 5 of 45 (29,738 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Hope they can get this fixed soon before I get bored of the career mode.

Message 6 of 45 (29,704 Views)

★★★ Novice

it’s not just in career mode, the level 1 kneebar subs from half guard top and stacked guard don’t come up in practice mode. I even tried with hybrid control. Still no.

Message 7 of 45 (29,691 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem

Message 8 of 45 (29,651 Views)

★★ Novice

HOW TO FIX
For some reason if you restart your career fight it will sometimes allow leg locks. I recommend taking your opponent down and then getting up and returning to enter stacked guard. If you get to stacked guard and the knee bar isn't there, restart and try again.

In my experience it only took 1 leg lock finish to get to leglocks level 2 which allows leglocks from full guard top, and don't appear to be bugged.
Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 45 (29,601 Views)

Community Manager

@4344535 wrote:

HOW TO FIX
For some reason if you restart your career fight it will sometimes allow leg locks. I recommend taking your opponent down and then getting up and returning to enter stacked guard. If you get to stacked guard and the knee bar isn't there, restart and try again.

In my experience it only took 1 leg lock finish to get to leglocks level 2 which allows leglocks from full guard top, and don't appear to be bugged.
Hope this helps.

We've flagged this up to the team to be aware of. Can anyone else confirm if this workaround fix helps that @4344535 provided? 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 45 (29,291 Views)