Re: Stuck on the restaurant event

by brenauth

Original Post

Stuck on the restaurant event

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Apple iPad mini 2
OS Version OIS 12.4.5
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003054881894
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Review and fix the issue
What do you expect to see? I would like to progress in the game.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

When I open the game, my sim makes me go to the market place to go to the restaurant. But I am not at the required level to open the market place, so it won’t let me go into it and the x in the corner is not working. So the only way to get out of it is to close out of the game, making it impossible to continue with the game. 

Message 1 of 6 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

What level are you on? Are you still doing the tutorial? Do you have the second roommate yet?

To make this even easier, do this: take a picture of your home lot before you do anything after the loading screen and post it. Don't bother to crop anything out, you are going to be low on simoleons and simcash, so don't worry about what you show.

Message 2 of 6 (722 Views)

★ Novice

It makes me go straight to the restaurant so I couldn’t get a clear picture.

Message 3 of 6 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@brenauth have you opened up a different area other than Market Place? Such as downtown or Waterfront? If you have then you might not be able to get into Marketplace. I have done this tutorial two times already, once when I first got the game, I lost my old game and had to do this whole thing again. I did whatever the game told me to do when I was in tutorial stage. Is it possible that you were not following the directions? Because as it stands right now, you should have Parkside open and your Sim in the Barista career. Marketplace is supposed to open during the tutorial stage and you were supposed to get your second free Sim. Honestly it sounds like a bug to me, and I'm not sure if they could do anything about that.

This is just a suggestion, since you are at level eight and you don't have that much invested in the game, I would uninstall and and reinstall the game and don't pick the save from the cloud. Start completely fresh do the whole thing again and follow the directions that they tell you I can't remember when the tutorial ends, but most likely if you do what they tell you Marketplace should open. You can get to level 8 in a matter of a day or two. Good luck. 😃

One more thing, I would also take a screenshot of your new account number and connect game to EA, Facebook, Google, Twitter because sometimes if you don't save your account you can lose the whole thing. I learned this the hard way and had lost my old game.

Message 4 of 6 (614 Views)

★ Novice

Okay! Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6 (599 Views)

★★★ Pro
@brenauth you're welcome 😍
Message 6 of 6 (583 Views)