Original Post

Stuck on Connecting to Online Services

★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Connecting to Online Services Screen
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/16/2019
Summarize your bug After downloading the latest patch I am stuck on connecting to online services opening screen. 12pm EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the latest patch and try to play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? It just stays on the connecting to services screen.
What should be happening instead? It should take me to Tarsis to play the game.

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Opening Screen where you press A to start.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/16/19
Summarize your bug 12pm EST I downloaded and installed the latest patch today. Once completed, I went to start the game. I pressed a at the first screen to connect to the online servers, and it stays here saying "Connecting to Online Services.". I tried restarting the game and then restarting my xbox with no luck.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the latest patch and try connecting to the online services.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stays frozen on the main screen stating Connecting to Online services.
What should be happening instead? It should take me to Tarsis to start playing.

Message 1 of 6 (534 Views)

Re: Stuck on Connecting to Online Services

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue on PS4--game will not connect to the online server at all, and just stays in the title screen trying to connect to online services forever and ever and ever and ever....

Message 2 of 6 (520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@halfwaytogone Yeah, me too
Message 3 of 6 (493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue after downloading latest update. You can press A to start but it just stays on connecting to online services.

I'm on an xbox one. I've tried restarting the console and all that. No changes.

Message 4 of 6 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 6 (458 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DarkWaterSong Thanks for the link. I figured they're still doing maintenance, but it's nice to have a quicker way to check if it's up yet than rebooting everything again.
Message 6 of 6 (451 Views)