Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Stuck in the shadow not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the "stuck in their shadow" scenario
What happens when the bug occurs? The scenario is not moving forward.
What do you expect to see? A new step in the scenario or the scenario completion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since yesterday's patch was supposed to fix the "stuck in their shadow" scenario, I reloaded my game on a previous save (before completing all the steps on the "start working with Lewis ?" path). I finished developing a video game again but the scenario is still not moving on...  Is anybody still experiencing the same issue or did the fix work on your game ? Do I have to start all over again for it toi work ? I really love this scenario ans the characters in it... This issue makes me sad.

Thanks for your help 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 26 (4,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug "Stuck in their shadow" still not completing

Hero

Stuck in the Shadow wasn’t intended to actually get you stuck…. Completing the Scenario should now complete once the goals have been achieved.

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,047 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Salty_Kore Could you test on a new save to see if it was only fixed for new saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (4,525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same is happen to me on a current file, I only see the "tutorial" text and that's all, it's still like frozen.

Message 3 of 26 (4,447 Views)

Hero
@Hanseyori Could you post a picture of what you're seeing ? Current file means you started the scenario on a new save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (4,422 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I started the scenario just a few days later as soon as it came out for the first time. So I have been stuck on the "Team up with Lewis" phase, every goal is complet and check already but there is not sequel. Even the first time I reopened, after the recent fix, the tutorial text appeared to do the programming thing, and I did the task again, but nothing have change. Anyway, I leave the pictures, with and without mods.
Message 5 of 26 (4,368 Views)

Hero
@Hanseyori To be sure I understand you correctly, this is a save you started before the patch that fixed the bug, right ? Did you also complete all the tasks before the patch ?

If so, could you start a brand new save (just for testing purposes and check if it works if you complete there). Also try a new household on your existing save and fulfill them newly

This is to find out if the issue is generally not resolved or only for solves that have already finished/started the scenario before the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (4,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm stuck in the same place, but with a game I started post-patch (today).

Message 7 of 26 (4,261 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lblackwe Thank you for testing a fresh save.

I adjusted the title to be about that particular path. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (4,244 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Im stuck on the "Au revoir Lewis" path. I got promoted and got the checkmark but nothing else comes up. Went back to previous save (before the promotion), move my sim to another lot and let her then get promoted again, same issue. I really dont wanna start a new savefile and start from scratch. =(
Message 9 of 26 (4,211 Views)

Hero
@Hitgirl95 I'm not familiar with the scenario so there just one Lewis path or or they all called like that with tweaks ? If it's a different path then the one posted in this thread, it's probably best if you make your own thread.

This one would be for: start working with Lewis

Judging from the patch notes, they fixed some paths but not all of them and it's best to have a thread for each path that's not working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (4,204 Views)