Strike Bomb still arming after being disarmed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Bomb keeps arming and cannot be disarmed
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? XHybridFlareX
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/10/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 04:30 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Strike
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Strike sabotage
What happens when the bug occurs? When a bomb is armed by the opposing team and my team disarms it the icon will change however the bomb will continue arming and cannot be disarmed.
What do you expect to see? This fixed
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

This bug has been in the game since launch, it can happen on any Strike sabotage map.

Message 1 of 8 (870 Views)

Re: Strike Bomb still arming after being disarmed

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @WarriorDeLaPaz

Thank you for reporting this. Our team will look into the issue.

In the meantime, I would be grateful for any additional information. Any screenshots or videos, presenting the problem with a bomb, would be very useful Standard smile

Cheers!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (815 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Here is a recent picture, as you can see the arming icon is gone but the white line around it is still active and I can’t disarm the bomb.
Message 3 of 8 (796 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Great! Thank you so much for the picture @WarriorDeLaPaz Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 8 (794 Views)

Hello @EA_Ataashi, thanks for replying to many of these bugs! Appreciated Standard smile

It seems that this bug has been reported a few times already (some with video evidence), for example

STRIKE

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Battlefront-2-Objective-on-Strike-are-not-updating/m-p/6539014...

JET PACK CARGO

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/JETPACK-CARGO-carrier-players-not-visible-objective-bug/m-p/66...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Jet-Pack-Cargo-Not-Showing-Correct-Cargo-location/m-p/6644482#...

I have a feeling that this bug is related to the one in Jet pack cargo, since what happens is almost the same.

There are a few things that can happen.

- On strike, the objective cannot be defused, will always go into detonation.

- On strike, the cargo may not be able to be picked up, you can only press the interaction key, but nothing happens. (see video below)

- On jetpack cargo, the cargo carrier was not visible, therefore you could not see who has the cargo. The cargo was displayed at the static middle position (where it should spawn).

In the next clip, you can see that our team is unable to pick up the package. Sometimes the game registers that we want to interact with it, triggering the sound 'we got the package' while we still don't have it. Then it is placed into cooldown mode and we still cannot pick it up. In the last clip, it is visible that without anyone interacting, this sound is triggered.

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask!

Message 5 of 8 (773 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This issue should be resolved in Update 2.0 arriving on 3/21.
Message 6 of 8 (726 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happens to me now still on Xbox One. I hold the action button to disarm/arm and it starts to work (giving me 40xp or something small) the. Just stops even though I keep holding the button down. Happened to me on Kashyk last week playing on either side.
Message 7 of 8 (700 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hey @WarriorDeLaPaz.

One of my friends said to me he had this issue on his PS4 as well so hopefully this bug gets patched up in the next update avalible for the game - 2.02.

Message 8 of 8 (692 Views)