by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Freezing in Strangerville

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single expansion and pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in Strangerville
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing the Strangerville story line my spore collector only is usable once. It never recharges, and sims I am playing in Strangerville freeze. For example, I tried to get my sims to go to bed. They stood in front of the bed for three sim hours. When they finally got in bed, their energy wouldn't go up and the time wouldn't speed up either. I tried to get my sim to use the treadmill on his home lot and he stood in front of it for hours and never got on.
What do you expect to see? My sims should go to bed and their energy should increase. The spore collector should recharge. My sims should perform the actions I tell them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Eco lifestyle.

no screenshot avail

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Tag and Game Version

Message 1 of 22 (1,098 Views)

Re: Strangerville Bugs

Hero
@brittanymc82 Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SV-Strangerville-Scanner-constantly-low/td-p/93046....

As for the freezing: Is that specific to Strangerville/the house or does it also occur if you play another household for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No, Strangerville households only.

I tried another lot in Strangerville and I had the same issue.
Message 3 of 22 (1,076 Views)

Hero
@brittanymc82 Could you test a fresh save to see if it's happening generally or in that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just played a new save in Strangerville for a few hours, it happened again. My sim just stood in front of the shower and wouldn't get in. The spore collector never recharged either.

Message 5 of 22 (1,051 Views)

Hero

Would you mind sending me either your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks I will send it over tonight

Message 7 of 22 (1,029 Views)

Hero
@brittanymc82 Finally got around testing your save and while I see the scanner issue, I didn't have any freezes or lags.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (997 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have the scanner bug, but I do have the idle sim bug.  He just stands there as time ticks on and doesn't do anything that is stacked up.  If I cancel everything and just randomly click on stuff he may do something.  If I exit and go back that seems to free him up.  It's like somethings he can't or won't do.  This just started happening, again as it was fixed a long time ago by a patch.  Now after the patch for the Star Wars patch it is happening again.  I don't have any mods or CC and I don't have the SW pack yet.  I do have all the other packs.

Message 9 of 22 (960 Views)

Hero
@AlyaSerpens In strangerville or elsewhere ? This is something that has so many causes. Did you try multiple households ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (940 Views)