Story stuck because I started two stories with the same sim

by karenkarenshi

Original Post

Story stuck because I started two stories with the same sim

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 13 pro
OS Version 15.1.1
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim started two stories with the same sim. After completing one story, I can’t make any progress on the other story.
What do you expect to see? Delete the other story for me
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

From some of the discussion forums, sims cannot start two stories with the same sim. I don’t know why my sim started two stories with the same sim, and why one of the stories is stuck

Message 1 of 7 (1,169 Views)

One sim character has two different relationships with a same sim character

★★ Novice

Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad
OS Version IOS
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? System glitch
What do you expect to see? To have sims finish the relationship story
Connection Type
Please select your region Other
Country USA

One day after I finish “hanging out” with a sim who was I already have “old rivalry” relationship, the system popped out a window to have me choose a relationship again. I chose the one call “debasing debaters” which was an uncommon relationship and I don’t won this heirloom. It seems like a glitch but I thought the system would recognize it and allow me to continue it. But it didn’t work this one. I was able to play the debating one Norma and it just stuck there. Is it possible I can still play the “debasing” relationship after I finish the “old rivalry” one with this same sim? How can I continue the “debasing” story while I didn’t own the heirloom? Please help me! Thank you!

Message 2 of 7 (1,417 Views)

Re: One sim character has two different relationships with a same sim character

★★★★ Apprentice

this happens to me often. you can't continue on a story that isn't available to you though.  it will  not progress. you're just stuck with that having showed as started 

Message 3 of 7 (1,181 Views)

Two relationship stories with the same Sim

★★ Newbie

Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 12
OS Version 15.5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Relationship stories
What do you expect to see? Sim has two relationship stories with the same sim in process.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I began a relationship  and when asked to select a story I selected ”My Bitter Valentine”. I eventually exited the game as usual. Some time later upon entering the game I was asked to choose a story again. The valentine option was not given and I chose from the options given. Now I have two stories in process with the same sim and it’s only allowing me to play one story. I need the second  story removed so I can continue with the valentine story. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,148 Views)

Re: Two relationship stories with the same Sim

★★★★ Apprentice
@doi8371qqz5c mine does that too... a lot
sims get stuck in events they already completed. when a sims event end, dont start another. i hard close the app and reopen it to see them stuck in another event. i redo this over and over until they show they arent in one anymore.

as for your duplicate friendship... if you started a friendship already and that happens again just close it out and dont select a new friendship with the same sim. it's that easy.
Message 5 of 7 (1,126 Views)

Makeover story keeps changing to best buddies story

Hi I have started the makeover story with several different sims.  At about chapter 2 it automatically changes to the friends for life story.  Does anyone else have this or know why this happens?

Message 6 of 7 (949 Views)

Re: Makeover story keeps changing to best buddies story

Hero
@a5dcbaf4f17c71fa4dd5768d2ad1ffdd Hi, if you don’t have the heirloom, you shouldn’t be able to start the Makeover relationship story. However the game is buggy and sometimes the glitch gives you an option to start a second relationship story with a sim. At that point there’s a possibility to close the pop up asking you to choose a new story.

But if you already have started a second story, all you can try to do is more relationship events to see if the story switches to the Makeover story. But there’s no guarantee to complete the story.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (906 Views)