Story Mode Difficulty stuck on maximum when not logged into EA Account

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Tryptic214
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Prologue
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Playing Story Mode from the beginning for the first time while not logged into an EA Account
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. It became apparent during the first rebel mission
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.02.21
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Just a minor concern
What happens when the bug occurs? The game difficulty seems to be set to maximum and ignoring what is selected
What do you expect to see? The game difficulty I selected
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." X-Wing
What components were you using? Standard loadout for the mission
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

When I first bought the game on 2/4/21 I had some issues with my EA Account and started playing Story mode without logging in. When I reached the part in the first rebel mission where you must face a Star Destroyer and destroy its targeting, the game difficulty was absolutely absurd with the SD's time-to-kill me less than 2 seconds if I flew in a straight line. Lowering the difficulty had no effect. Today (2/14/21) I was able to log in with my account and the mission is entirely different, far easier.  It seems the difficulty was not adjusting properly.

For reference, I think I started it at max difficulty and lowered it shortly after starting the campaign on the first Imperial mission.  Testing it today, Veteran difficulty is much easier than it was before so it must have been on Ace or else something was bugged about the SD's weapons.  I am no longer experiencing the bug currently.

Message 1 of 1 (316 Views)