Re: Steam Achievement "No Remorse" not being recorded properly

by Heucuva

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steam Achievement "No Remorse" not being recorded properly

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Steam Achievement for Allied campaign completion, "No Remorse", not being recorded properly.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete campaign for Allies in Red Alert.
What happens when the bug occurs? Steam achievement for "No Remorse" does not show completion.
What do you expect to see? Steam achievement for "No Remorse" should be obtained.

This does not seem to affect other achievements - I am still able to gain other achievements in Red Alert (such as creating a new playlist, or finishing the ant missions).  Other achievements such as "High Anxiety" (creating aircrafts) and "Tanks a Lot!" (creating tanks) also don't seem to track correctly, in the sense that the count it shows does not match what I've actually created.

I've tried playing the missions I did not complete in the Allied campaign - especially the ones after mission 8 - but that didn't seem to make Steam think I've gone farther in the campaign.  One thing I have not tried is to start the campaign from scratch and play it again, since that takes a lot of time.

Attached is a screenshot of the bonus gallery which shows I've completed the Allied campaign (#25 is the behind-the-scenes bonus video for completing the Allies final mission), and Steam's achievement list showing that I've only finished 8 of 14 missions.

Message 1 of 4 (1,456 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

There is a potential workaround (not a fix as it requires playing the mission(s) again that the achievement is missing, after deleting the file which tracks ingame progress). I posted it in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Best-Around-Achievement-stuck-at-80-81-Tiberian-Dawn/m-p/9...

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,280 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Tried replaying the entire Allied campaign on normal in a single session.  Still no change on the progress of the achievement.  It seems to be stuck at 8 out of 14.

Message 2 of 4 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

There is a potential workaround (not a fix as it requires playing the mission(s) again that the achievement is missing, after deleting the file which tracks ingame progress). I posted it in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Best-Around-Achievement-stuck-at-80-81-Tiberian-Dawn/m-p/9...

Message 3 of 4 (1,281 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Thanks!  I was able to remove the RA settings file, and then play through the Allied campaign.  I think I was able to get all the achievements after playing through the first 10 missions.  I then copied the settings file from my backup and now I have the achievements and all the completion perks in the game.

Message 4 of 4 (1,227 Views)