Static noise in Apex

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Radeon RX580
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? grvyforever
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? revenant
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. landing, respawning, walking, anything that doesnt involve a lot of background noise
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? happpened since first match today after 4 days of not playing
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09/10/2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? static noise coming from the headphones
What should be happening instead? there should be no static noise
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure if this happens to everyone

I've played apex since a month after it was released and never had problems with static noise in the background, it's actually really load, it's even more obnoxious than enemy footsteps when nearby. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,352 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Static noise in Apex

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies for the delayed response.

I've resolved the problem. 

Before I posted the original thread, I actually looked at my drivers, as I researched possible causes before I posted the thread you responded to. I looked at my drivers, and I ran a scan and it wasn't offering me any newer drivers, my system was telling me that my driver's are up to date. So I dumped that idea and decided to post on here instead.

After I posted, I couldn't let go of the idea that it might be windows doing it, so I decided to experiment by manually replacing the sound driver to an another sound driver, and disregard the fact that the system was telling me all drivers are ok. I actually ended up solving the problem.

I just manually downloaded a sound driver and replaced my existing driver with it. That solved the issue for the time being.

Then the following day I had windows offer me a list of new driver updates for not just the sound driver that I manually replaced, but for as well for others. After replacing the manually installed driver with the new one windows was giving me I was a bit worried I'd encounter the sound again, but it hasn't returned.

I genuinely believe that that static noise was caused by some windows-meets driver-not talking to the game.

I actually found another guy posting before me, a guy of Asian origin, also complaining about the same static noise like weeks before me, he had uploaded  a recording of the game.

If you've viewed his thread the static noise he had was the same as mine. I cannot find his post now as I don't recall the title, but someone else had the same problem, I don't remember reading that thread and seeing a solution there though.

Kind regards,

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,269 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @grvyforever

Would it be possible to record a video clip of the sound you're hearing? If you can, please link it here. 

Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (3,294 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies for the delayed response.

I've resolved the problem. 

Before I posted the original thread, I actually looked at my drivers, as I researched possible causes before I posted the thread you responded to. I looked at my drivers, and I ran a scan and it wasn't offering me any newer drivers, my system was telling me that my driver's are up to date. So I dumped that idea and decided to post on here instead.

After I posted, I couldn't let go of the idea that it might be windows doing it, so I decided to experiment by manually replacing the sound driver to an another sound driver, and disregard the fact that the system was telling me all drivers are ok. I actually ended up solving the problem.

I just manually downloaded a sound driver and replaced my existing driver with it. That solved the issue for the time being.

Then the following day I had windows offer me a list of new driver updates for not just the sound driver that I manually replaced, but for as well for others. After replacing the manually installed driver with the new one windows was giving me I was a bit worried I'd encounter the sound again, but it hasn't returned.

I genuinely believe that that static noise was caused by some windows-meets driver-not talking to the game.

I actually found another guy posting before me, a guy of Asian origin, also complaining about the same static noise like weeks before me, he had uploaded  a recording of the game.

If you've viewed his thread the static noise he had was the same as mine. I cannot find his post now as I don't recall the title, but someone else had the same problem, I don't remember reading that thread and seeing a solution there though.

Kind regards,

Message 3 of 4 (3,270 Views)

Community Manager

@grvyforever 

Thank you for the info! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it fixed. 

I remember the other report you mentioned. If I can track it down I'll see if they can try the same steps that you mentioned here. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (3,258 Views)