Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Stasis Chain Bug (randomly negates initial enemy)

by Choongangchong

Original Post

Stasis Chain Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Heart of Rage
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Heart of Rage
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.03.2019 CST
Summarize your bug Its hard to see but when I used Stasis Chain (legendary) against an enemy Storm in HoR, it took down the shield of the enemy that it chained to bit NOT the one first hit.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The ability does not do any damage to the initial enemy (shields) but sometimes does damage to the chained enemy's shields. Its random.
What should be happening instead? Stasis Chain should be doing damage to all shields. Before the 1 0.4 patch, it was one of the best abilities against shielded enemies no matter what type of shields they have.

Video clip located on my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/LadyThren/status/1110724902456344576?s=09

Message 1 of 8 (276 Views)

★★★★ Novice
UPDATE: It is now happening with enemies without shields too.
Message 2 of 8 (249 Views)

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Seems to be more consistent against purple shielded Dominion Storms. However, sometimes happens with the ones with red shields. However, the ability works against Brute shields. Once in a while it won't work with regular red health bar enemies as well.

In HoR, before the patch the ability wouldn't work against the Monitor on the 3rd phase (when he does electrical damage). Now, it randomly does damage to him. Very strange.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 8 (233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. It gets really annoying when you’re trying to zap dominion storm but it don’t get any damage at all. Next thing you die. 

Message 4 of 8 (186 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agreed. It is very annoying. Hope they figure out a way to fix this soon.

Message 5 of 8 (169 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
same here. just wanted to add that it happens vs all dominion types of enemies. shielded or not. its like the ability has a 50% chance to fail doing any damage.
Message 6 of 8 (140 Views)

★★★★ Novice
For me it happens only against their shields but works when the shields are down. However, its a 50/50 chance it won't work with regular trash mobs too.

Also, I started noticing that I have the same problem with the electric ball that bounces around.
Message 7 of 8 (133 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
I have the problem also vs some unshielded dominions. I think its the new "feature" that enemies are immune to their native element has gone wrong. Its also not only lightning enemies that are immune but frost enemies seems to be immune to stasis chain while I have no issues hitting the same enemies with winters storm. And they have no issues hitting me with frost attacks which proves they are not lighting based enemies.

Message 8 of 8 (107 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help