Re: Starfighter Assault round ends as soon as someone dies

by the-mad-spaceman

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to play, when we get enough players finally, the game ends as soon as it begins no deaths or anything. Every one has 0 is this not happening to everyone?

Message 21 of 33 (1,507 Views)

Champion

@NeverGaveMeAName  Hey there Never and thanks for your post.  We need to keep it going to get some help. 

Many players have determined thru trial and error that the cause is a false start. Players are being launched prior to being loaded with players on each side. 

Someone is shooting another player somewhere on the map or they crash. (Being AFK while waiting or just Operator error). This is difficult because people are shooting turrets or not paying attention. They do not understand they need to wait until the score board is put up. This is even more difficult because you need avoid all obstacles and players who are trying to shoot you and it could take 1-4 mins. 

Really PITA but we are now wishing for a "Just do a reset of what we had "  so we can play.

Keep coming, players are trying to make this glitch issue work for everyone, and it is really a mess. 

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 22 of 33 (1,476 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s been a couple weeks since EA was notified and confirmed the bug. As well, sometimes in a full match at the end instead of getting your place in the same group of people, BF2 takes you to a match with only yourself and that’s been buggy for years. My expectations that this will get fixed is low as I have only seen the starfighter game get worse over a year and a half ever since they changed the spawn grouping and star card acquisition update. For 20 minutes now I have been trying to find a full starfighter match without the match blowing up or not having near enough people and never starting It’s becoming unplayable. Here I go again looking for a match. Wish me luck y’all!

Message 23 of 33 (1,450 Views)

★ Guide

Had this bug tonight for several matches.   Would be nice if they could put some sort of message saying don't shoot or die until the scoreboard is up.  Might not help much, but you never know.   

I wasn't aware of this until coming here to see what was going on. 

Of course it would be best if they could get this fixed!  

Any recent update as to an expected timeframe for rolling out the fix?  Would love to start flying again soon!!!

Message 24 of 33 (1,439 Views)

★★ Apprentice

We have a small patch going live for Star Wars Battlefront II this week, targeting a release for tomorrow. Will include a number of fixes and tweaks. Finn's Covert Leader card gets tweaked, fix for SFA starting with uneven players and a few more.”

https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/1148889213884125185?s=20

Message 25 of 33 (1,421 Views)

Champion

@hsugene 

Thanks for the information! :eahigh_file:

@acewingcore811 

Yes, there is no... Embarrassed

hqdefault.jpg

Message 26 of 33 (1,407 Views)

★ Pro

Even though we can't play a match, one of today's timed challenges is Target Acquired. Earn 5000 score in Starfighter Assault.  Wondering

Message 27 of 33 (1,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@hsugene wrote:

We have a small patch going live for Star Wars Battlefront II this week, targeting a release for tomorrow. Will include a number of fixes and tweaks. Finn's Covert Leader card gets tweaked, fix for SFA starting with uneven players and a few more.”

https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/1148889213884125185?s=20

Cheers for the info..

To EA. Took you long enough!

Message 28 of 33 (1,389 Views)

Champion

Running a game of this size all over the country is way harder than just spending an hour or two playing the game.

Hope this fix gets us back to where we were pre- CS update!!!!

Message 29 of 33 (1,386 Views)

Champion
@Major-Band1t Whoops, World, Galaxy!!
Message 30 of 33 (1,382 Views)