Re: Starfighter Assault Starting with less than minimum number of required playe

by JB_Speudi

Original Post

How did the update do what it did to Starfighter Assault?

★ Novice

The most recent update seems to have broken Starfighter Assault. When will it be fixed?

Message 11 of 40 (1,931 Views)

Re: Starfighter Assault Starting with less than minimum number of required playe

★★★★ Novice

Please note: It is also present on XBox One. I can only join games already running, but afterwards matchmaking is always sending me to broken games/servers. The only option is to quit the room and search a game from the main menu.

Message 12 of 40 (2,015 Views)

★★★ Novice

Day two of it still not working. Most likely something in the latest update since this happened right after it was applied.

Message 13 of 40 (1,989 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Problem still exists - why isn't it solved yet? Does EA want to eliminate SA from Battlefront2? There are many many good pilots who thinks of quiting the game - some already left… Please fix the bug - can't be that difficult...

Message 14 of 40 (1,971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is right on the money.  There are communities that have formed around Starfighter Assault that are fading away because of this bug.  Yes, it is an underpopulated mode but EA/Dice has the numbers, they know that there were games going all the time.  Shame on the QA department for letting this through, it is plain to see that they don't even check to make sure this mode is working.

Message 15 of 40 (1,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same prob here. Thought it would have been fixed by now!  Gonna change my name to Sad-Panda-Man.

Message 16 of 40 (1,947 Views)

As of 6-29-19 Starfighter Assault still broken...

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game starts when you do not have the minimum no. of required players in the lobby, you play for 20-30 secs, the round ends and progresses to next round or next map.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Uulatec
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 6/29/19
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 3:45 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Starfighter Assault
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into a lobby of star fighter assault with less than the minimum number of players and wait. It will do it all itself
What happens when the bug occurs? he game starts, but you cannot damage any objectives (e.g. enemy cruisers.generators) nor any turrets. There are no NPC ships on the map. You can attack enemy player's ships. There is no objective display telling you how many tickets are left nor what % is left on the objective. After about 20-30 seconds the round ends. You get either a mission victory or loss message. If you did play a proper round before the bug, the scorebord that will then come up is that of your last proper round. The game then progresses to the next round, repeats the bug, and then matchmaking kicks in to move you to the next map.
What do you expect to see? Nothing unless the minimum players were in the lobby, in which case I expected game to count down from 40 secs and then launch game into mission.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 960m

Perhaps the recent June Update could be the culprit... too many updates spoil the broth...

Message 17 of 40 (1,897 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The issue at hand - and the reason I left - is not that it is “difficult“ to repair. 

EA simply does not care about the minority that the SA-community represents.

All service has been invested in ground battles for months already: not a single new map

has been offered to SA since last year (2018). Why should they bother repairing it now...?!

I sincerely doubt any of the Devs even read the comments here.

This blatant disregard to us PAYING pilots worldwide, following the insolence EA blew at us with

Anthem, is the reason I have left for good - and will never purchase another EA-game again.

Message 18 of 40 (1,873 Views)

Re: How did the update do what it did to Starfighter Assault?

★★★★★ Newbie

Starfighters has had to sit in the back seat for a while. Its a shame to see this happening. If it was a ground mode I can't help but think it would have been fixed a while ago. Long live STARFIGHTERS!!!

Message 19 of 40 (1,829 Views)

Re: As of 6-29-19 Starfighter Assault still broken...

Champion

I saw this bug today on PC. Wondering

Seriously, I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Message 20 of 40 (1,765 Views)