Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Starfighter Assault Starting with less than minimum number of required players

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Game starts when you do not have the minimum no. of required players in the lobby, you play for 20-30 secs, the round ends and progresses to next round or next map.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? New_Roosterman
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 06/27/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 07:45 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Starfighter Assault
What is your time zone? AET - GMT + 10:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into a lobby of star fighter assault with less than the minimum number of players and wait. It will do it all itself
What happens when the bug occurs? The game starts, but you cannot damage any objectives (e.g. enemy cruisers.generators) nor any turrets. There are no NPC ships on the map. You can attack enemy player's ships. There is no objective display telling you how many tickets are left nor what % is left on the objective. After about 20-30 seconds the round ends. You get either a mission victory or loss message. If you did play a proper round before the bug, the scorebord that will then come up is that of your last proper round. The game then progresses to the next round, repeats the bug, and then matchmaking kicks in to move you to the next map. For me I was playing on the US Virginia server. I joined a game in progress on the Unknown Regions Map on the Resistance side. We lost the round in the final phase as we ran out of tickets. Then my team played as the First Order and won on the same map. Matchmaking then kicked in. I wound up in a lobby on D'qar, I was on the First Order team, but combined we needed 3 more players to join to take us to the minimum number of players (i.e. 10) in the lobby to be able to start. this is when the bug kicked in - I took a screenshot to show what it looks like (see Glitch.png). After round ended after 20-30 secs of flying, we all commented about it in chat as it had progressed us to the next round, and now I was on the Resistance team. See screenshot attached Glitch 2.png As we were chatting, the round then started and there I was in space in an X-Wing see screenshot attached Glitch 3.png So we then get to end of round and matchmaking is counting down to take us to next map. I quit to menu.
What do you expect to see? Nothing unless the minimum players were in the lobby, in which case I expected game to count down from 40 secs and then launch game into mission.
Please select your region Australia
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDI GeForce GTX 1070.

This bug has cropped up anytime I have joined a lobby mid-match and after progressing (post match making) to a new map.

Message 1 of 40 (3,904 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Starfighter Assault Starting with less than minimum number of required playe

★ Guide

I downloaded the patch. I thgen tried to find a game of SFA. I sat in a near empty lobby for just over 6 minutes. At no stage did the lobby reach the minimum number of players required to start. Also at no stage in my 6 minute plus wait (I quit of my own volition) did the bug strike.

It looks like the patch is a complete success and has fixed this bug! Heart

View in thread

Message 38 of 40 (3,667 Views)

All Replies

Re: Starfighter Assault Starting with less than minimum number of required playe

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @New_Roosterman 

Thank you so much for your report!

Our experts are already looking into it Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 40 (3,801 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same issue!

Message 3 of 40 (3,781 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Ataashi, just in case the team wasn’t aware, this bug is also present on PS4. Thanks!

Message 4 of 40 (3,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've run into the same issue on PS4 as well. 

Message 5 of 40 (3,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same. Just tried my 1st SA game after the update and here's what happened : https://youtu.be/zsWu8zdDflE

Message 6 of 40 (3,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It is the same with Herostarfighters... SFA worked for me half an hour ago. PC Germany Edit: But I only played one round, since them I tried it more and had the same results as the others here. Or everyone on this planet I pressume! Please make something!

Message 7 of 40 (3,729 Views)

★★★ Novice
@New_Roosterman such a bummer today is the first day Ive had off to play , usually by the time i play in the evening everyone is gone... by like 10pm... so of course the one time I have the entire day to play it doesn't work!
Message 8 of 40 (3,699 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@New_Roosterman Also just had this issue, fired it up a couple of times, same result every time. This mode is very broken.
Message 9 of 40 (3,684 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Mostly same issues, got into a match of SA on Endor, played both sides, moved on to Kamino, played both sides, from then on it was stuck. It would start with only 3-4 players, end as soon as someone was eliminated or after a min a best. Every match, rotating back to Endor before I got tired of it, had the same EOR stats from the last round on Kamino. For what its worth ...

Message 10 of 40 (3,672 Views)