Starfighter Arcade Onslaught still broken, enemies stuck out of bounds

by We_are_demons

Original Post

Re: Starfighter Arcade Onslaught broken since the new patch, enemies stop spawni

★★★★ Apprentice
Let's hope they have fixed it for the update next week, it's an awful bug which breaks a whole mode.
Message 11 of 38 (3,147 Views)

Re: Starfighter Arcade Onslaught broken since the new patch, enemies stop spawni

★ Guide
Still not fixed in the current september "Squad system" update. This bug will be present for more than 3 months if it even gets fixed in the next update. It is unbelievable that a whole mode is left broken and unbeatable for so long, especially since everything worked fine before the July update :/
Message 12 of 38 (3,117 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Ataashi Is the team fixing this? Standard smile It has been almost 3 months since this bug started (in July patch). I detailed pretty well how to reproduce it and what should they expect to happen.
Message 13 of 38 (3,081 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can also confirm that single player onslaught mode is absolutely broken. Just tried playing again tonight (Oct 14 2018) with latest patch installed.  This is not a little glitch. I've been contacting various video game news sites about this issue. Don't know if it will go anywhere but the fact that EA has not repaired this mode in over 3 months is newsworthy in my opinion! Why would I want to purchase future EA games if they have so little regard for their products and customers? There are quite a few of us who enjoy battlefront II single player. Its a disappointment because otherwise battlefront II is a tremendously good and beautiful game.

Message 14 of 38 (3,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just bought the game (XB1S) specifically for this mode and am very disappointed to find it's jacked up and apparently has been even after multiple updates.  Will be pursuing a refund if there's no fix in the works - shame because it seems like a blast.

Pilt

Message 15 of 38 (3,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

Despite the patch notes of the latest update 1.21 telling that the A.I. in starfighter onslaught is fixed, IT IS STILL BROKEN! Please let this be known to the developers, if this bug is not fixed soon I demand a refund!

Message 16 of 38 (2,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Unfortunately even though this was listed as fixed in the patch notes, it is still the same, no changes were made. I am probably going to file a new bug report to give visibility that this bug still remains in the game, Starfighter Arcade Onslaught is still unbeatable and a broken mode because of it. Standard smile

@EA_AtaashiMaybe this was fixed but accidentally wasn't included in the 'Grievous update' build of the game?

Message 17 of 38 (2,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yup, sadly this bug was not fixed even though it was announced as fixed in the patch notes.. I was really looking forward to playing Starfighter Arcade Onslaught again, but it remains unchanged and broken. Hoping as @We_are_demons said, it was maybe fixed but was not included in the update by mistake. @EA_Atic, are you guys aware this bug was not fixed despite patch notes saying otherwise? 

Image attached shows AI starfighters stuck outside of the play zone. Player cannot progress the match because of this, enemies just fly in the straight line in the beginning of the match and get stuck somewhere outside of the play zone, they can't die from the zone or be killed by the player since they are too far.

Message 18 of 38 (2,839 Views)

Re: Starfighter Arcade Onslaught still broken in October update despite patch no

★★★ Novice

After the Geonosis update: Still not fixed.

Message 19 of 38 (2,726 Views)

Re: Starfighter Arcade Onslaught still broken in October update despite patch no

★ Guide
I can confirm this, even after November (Battle of Geonosis) update this huge bug is still not fixed, even though it was listed as fixed in October!

I made a video additionaly showcasing this issue, where you can see 7-8 (out of 10) enemies blindly flying in a straight line at the start of the match while completely ignoring the player. All of those 7-8 starfighters flying in the straight line leave the play zone permanently and they DO NOT RESPAWN, making this mode almost unbeatable. Link: https://youtu.be/ProGyue9sQo
Message 20 of 38 (2,705 Views)