Re: Star wars galaxy of heroes won't load

by archies333

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star wars galaxy of heroes won't load

★★★★★ Newbie
I attempt to log on and it stops at the checking for updates stage. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, attempted on both mobile data and wifi. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 47 (39,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I managed to fix this in other way. Don't know why but i got some error with my SD card so i changed the direction of installed app to phone storage and that fixed the problem. And works even faster than before :P

View in thread

Message 8 of 47 (50,943 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Have you been able to log back in since?

@Dredge89 wrote:
I attempt to log on and it stops at the checking for updates stage. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, attempted on both mobile data and wifi. Any ideas?

Message 2 of 47 (39,348 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the exact same issue. Android. Haven't been able to play for about 2 days
Message 3 of 47 (39,335 Views)

Community Manager

@archies333 Hey, can I check if you've tried the restart? Has there been any system updates for your phone? Can I ask your approximate region?

@Dredge89 Do you still see the issue today? I'd like to know your region too, in case this is a factor. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 47 (39,326 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I've restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled and it still gets frozen on checking for updates screen. I'm in Nevada. Android note 5 and no recent updates.
Message 5 of 47 (39,323 Views)

★★ Novice

Here have same issue from 2 days. Using Huawei P9 Lite. I'm from Poland and there was no phone update in last time. After EMUI update swgoh was working fine

Message 6 of 47 (39,313 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the extra info. Can you make sure you've tried the other steps mentioned in the thread and if it persists,try the steps below. 

1. Turn of phone WiFi
2. Force stopped Google App. Force stopped Google Play App. (Goto your settings>apps). Cleared the cache for both apps. Cleared the cache for the Star Wars game.
3. Restarted Router (just to make sure)
4. Turn WiFi back on. Click on Google Play to make sure it works. Click on Google app & test "Okay google" function to make sure that's also working. (both worked fine for me after stopping the services & clearing cache)
5. Load Star Wars & it should work on WiFi now.

Credit to Nightstrife here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57435/game-unable-to-load-stuck-at-checki...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 47 (39,315 Views)

★★ Novice

I managed to fix this in other way. Don't know why but i got some error with my SD card so i changed the direction of installed app to phone storage and that fixed the problem. And works even faster than before :P

Message 8 of 47 (50,944 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi David,

I am in Australia, and the issue resolved itself 2-3 days after and now has been working without an issue

Message 9 of 47 (39,294 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates, at least you're back in now. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 47 (39,283 Views)