Stalker Boyfriend?

by DDWard1972

Original Post

Stalker Boyfriend?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interact with a Sim until you have a green and/or pink bar
What happens when the bug occurs? Occasional stalkerish or weird behavior
What do you expect to see? Sims not acting so creepy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So one of my Sims is a Doctor and she met this really nice guy named Ryder. He's handsome and charming, and . . .  somewhat creepy. I know you can click on your door to discourage unwanted visitors and I have done that, but Ryder is just borderline stalker and acting weird. I invited him over with my neighbors for a Grand Meal at my house for Thanksgiving and my phone had an incoming text of Ryder asking me on a date WHILE I WAS STANDING THERE TALKING TO HIM. One day, I was working on my skills (knitting I think) and he texted me three times, which I clicked off, and then showed up and knocked on my door! I mean, NO MEANS NO. Does he not understand that I am busy? 

THEN, I am at the hospital doing my job. I'm at the Analysis machine, analyzing a sample of some poor sick child Sim in my care, and Ryder WALKS INTO THE ROOM and starts talking to me! When I keep on working wondering why he's there bothering me at my work, he starts PLAYING VIDEO GAMES ON THE HOSPITAL COMPUTER and THEN goes and exercises on our treadmill! There's no "send home" option and he keeps making himself at home and talking to my Sim while she's treating patients! His behavior is just bizarre! I asked for my residence key back and he still texts or calls me while he is over at my house and shows up every time I'm at work. I don't think this is normal for Sims for their Get Together interactions to overlap or make them into stalkers.

Message 1 of 4 (1,536 Views)

Re: Stalker Boyfriend?

★★★ Guide

When I clicked into the Bheeda family to play, the Rasoyas came over for the welcome wagon. I made over Geeta, and now I've created a monster. She will not leave Arun alone. She's CONSTANTLY calling and asking to come over or asking him out on dates. No matter how many times we refuse, she just shows up and we send her home. What the actual you know....????

Message 2 of 4 (1,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Is "Ask to Just Be Friends" an option?  That should immediately make them stop asking your Sim out. 

Sims, alas, can be super clueless about their social interactions, so they might still randomly show up without calling and try to "hang out."  You might need to be mean if that's not acceptable.

If you never interact with them the relationship will fade over time and your Sim's eager "friend" will forget about them. (Unless your Sim has "Beloved" from completing Friend of the World, that is.)  You could also arrange a lethal accident for their "friend," if that suits your play style.

(And yes, the phone request for a date while the caller is standing right there?  "THE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!")

Message 3 of 4 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ MadameNordica My girlfriend made us as Sims and we became friends with the Goths. For some reason, Bella was obsessed with Sim me. She would do the same thing you are describing: stalk, call all the time, ask the sim on dates, etc. My girlfriend has our sims married and Bella still does this. The worst thing is once, my Sim was asleep in bed and Bella woke him up to yell at him for being unfaithful or something. My girlfriend was like "WTF?!" Bella would ask to come over or just come over to visit all the time and only talk to my sim and practically ignored my girlfriend's sim.

Message 4 of 4 (1,357 Views)