Stairs are Incompatiable with Terrain Constraint Block

by DarkDiamondSims

Original Post

Stairs are Incompatiable with Terrain Constraint Block

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine OUt, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Courtyard Oasis, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Free Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placing an L shaped stairs from the first-floor patio into an underground room
What happens when the bug occurs? When creating a new save, I added a lot I created to the WillowCreek, in the same lot I originally built it on. Except, the stairs that lead from the first-floor patio down into the underground room have disappeared. When I tried to place them back I keep getting the error about the incompatible with Terrain constraint block. Except, this only happens in a few locations, because if I move the stairs far enough, they'll suddenly be available to place. I have tried removing objects, and even making the underground room larger, but nothing will let me place the stairs where they were originally.
What do you expect to see? To place the stairs where I was able to before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

StairsNoWorky.png

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 14 (8,906 Views)

Re: Stairs are Incompatiable with Terrain Constraint Block

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DarkDiamondSimsAny platforms in your build? (Or in a previous build on that lot? Even just using the platform arrows instead of the foundation arrow?)

Message 2 of 14 (8,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No, this was built before platforms was available and it was placed in a brand new world. 

Message 3 of 14 (8,870 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarkDiamondSims Well, that rules that out, at least.

I wonder if some of the cc and mods might have to be updated? You've probably already tried without them?

Also, stairs can be obstinate sometimes. Sometimes just going out to manage worlds and back into build will make them behave.

Otherwise, if you don't mind sharing your build on the gallery, I'd be happy to take a look at it. Just need your gallery id and the name of the build.

Message 4 of 14 (8,864 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I have taken out my mods, but I get the same results. However, I have noticed something peculiar. When I build the lot in Newcrest, I get the issues with the stairs, but when I build in Willowcreek, I get stairs. (I was wrong when I thought I was in WIllowcreek the first time. Sorry.) I built the house on two different lots in Newcrest and get the same results, but when I went into my Sandbox save (where I just build lots where the original lot was built in WIllowcreek) and the stairs work just fine.

The lot is already on the gallery. It's called The Goliath Townhouses. Standard smile

Goliath 01.pngGoliath 02.pngGoliath 03.png

Message 5 of 14 (8,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@DarkDiamondSims  "However, I have noticed something peculiar. When I build the lot in Newcrest, I get the issues with the stairs, but when I build in Willowcreek, I get stairs." Weird. WillowCreek is special?

Anyway, I was able to duplicate your issues with the stairs in Glimmerbrook. Have you tried placing the build in any other worlds you have?

So far, I've tried a few thing. The stairs behave if the foundation is flat on the ground. Raising the foundation one notch causes stairs to want to be one tile away from porch whilst sprouting a little "landing" in between. Any more height for foundation, and the stairs don't adjust like they should. Watch that first step! It's a doozy! (Interior basement stairs don't have a problem at all. Hmm.)

Did try a little platform for giggles, also tried fencing to make a "room", but so far no joy. Just thought of a couple more things to try. Will let you know.

Sorry, don't have a quick fix/workaround yet.

Message 6 of 14 (8,806 Views)

★ Apprentice

I super appreciate you looking into this for me!! I haven't tried other worlds yet, there are not a lot of 40x30 lots. If needed, I could just stick to Willowcreek for that lot.

That's interesting about the foundation. I'm sure the sims can take two stairs at a time. XD

Message 7 of 14 (8,799 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarkDiamondSims Well, according to the Laundry List, they are supposed to be fixing some stair issues

Sticking to Willowcreek for now is what I'd do.

"I'm sure the sims can take two stairs at a time." I'd love to see that!
Message 8 of 14 (8,762 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sims try to take stairs two at a time and tumble down. New death, death by stairs. O.O

Then I will cross my fingers and toes that this issue gets fixed! Thank you SO much for looking into it for me. I super appreciate it.

Message 9 of 14 (8,758 Views)

Cannot add stairs from platforms in basements

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except ROM & RTB, SPs - MH, RG,KR, VG, BN, TS, LD, MS, TL, NK. No kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Built a room/area lower than ground floor and add a platform. If you try to add stairs from the foundation to the lower floor you get the error "Incompatible With Terrain Constraint Block". If you move the step on block away the stars work, but get a black square underneath like it doesn't fit properly. I can build stairs from the ground floor to a lower platform. This error does not occur for any stairs/platform built above ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error "Incompatible With Terrain Constraint Block" occurs if you try to build stairs from a platform to the floor in an area that is below ground level.
What do you expect to see? Stairs able to be built from a platform to the base when below ground level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was initially using mods / cc when this occurred so I removed them and started a new game. Built the same area again and still having the issue.

- Terrain has not been altered

- Ground level is not sitting on any foundations/platforms

- Tried with Move Objects cheat on and off.

- Tried in Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay

- Have tried all heights of platforms

- Tried adding a 2nd floor below the 1st basement

- Tried removing and adding floors and ceilings to room.

Message 10 of 14 (8,755 Views)