Typing f in a textbox will mute players.

by Down4WattGamer

Original Post

Squad muting when typing in chat

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ssongb1rd
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Chat menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Typing into the chat box
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My mute squad button is "F," I'm assuming it autobinds to whatever your tactical is on. When I'm typing in the chat box (i like to start matches with a "hows it goin friends"), my squad will get muted.
What should be happening instead? I just wanna say hi friends without muting my friends. Should add a condition that the mute squad option can only be toggled when the player is not typing in chat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up the chat box on hero select and type the mute squad button into it

hopefully this is an easy fix and a break from all the server issues

Message 1 of 4 (397 Views)

Re: Squad muting when typing in chat

★★ Novice

Yep, same for me. I always type "GL HF" before a game so I always have to press "F" again afterwards to un-unmute everyone back.

Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

Typing f in a textbox will mute players.

★★★★ Apprentice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce 1050 TI SC
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BornToBeRetro
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Legend Select Screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Pressed Enter to type in the textbox.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Always happens.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When you have text chat working if you type the letter 'F' it will toggle the mute squad on and off.
What should be happening instead? The toggle for mute key should not be checking when you have a textbox active.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in the lobby and you see F to Mute listed, just type ENTER to engage the textbox and type F.

Typing F in textchat when Mute Squad is displaying will toggle it. I couldn't find out why my squads were muted, and realized it happens when you type F in the text chat.

Message 3 of 4 (380 Views)

Lobby mute/unmute bug

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 960m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? OldDew
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was in the legend choosing screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was writing to my teammates the sentence: "Have fun"
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.05.19
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? There was a game patch that gave us the option to mute players upon pressing the letter 'F' in the lobby. The problem is that the option is activated even if I am talking in chat. So if, for example, I write "Have fun", I am accidentally muting my squad, without knowing. That lead me to poor communication with my teammates, because I didn't realise I had muted them.
What should be happening instead? While writing in the chat, the squad should not be muted/unmuted when pressing the letter 'f'
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the lobby, open the chat and write a sentence containing the letter 'F'

There was a game patch that gave us the option to mute players upon pressing the letter 'F' in the lobby. The problem is that the option is activated even if I am talking in chat. So if, for example, I write "Have fun", I am accidentally muting my squad, without knowing. That lead me to poor communication with my teammates, because I didn't realise I had muted them.

Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)