Squad Area not working after 6/16/21 update!

by darthtietjen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squad Area not working after 6/16/21 update!

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone 12
OS Version 14.6
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 716-538-188
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I received an update on 6/16/21 and now my Squad Arena is not working and when you try to play it, it will lock up the entire game. You added a new feature and the game is trying to show me how to use it but it will not let me clear it, see attached document. I have tapped on the message, on the item it is pointing to, and all over the screen but the game remains locked. The only way I can unlock the game is to reboot my smartphone (Iphone 12). However, when I go back into the Squad Arena and select a squad to play, the game once again tries to show me the new features and locks the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On the Iphone 12, just after the 6/16/21 update, try to play the Squad Arena section. Select any team you want to play. It will bring you to your squad area. In this area it will start to show you the new features you added. You will find the hand icon is moving up and down and pointing to a new feature with a message below it describing the new feature. When you touch the message, item the hand it pointing to, and anywhere on the screen you will find the game does not respond. The only way to unlock the game is to reboot the smartphone. After you reboot it and try to play the Squad section again, the same issue will come it. It will continue to do this without fixing itself.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I asked for help on this issue through the Technical issues section and received the following answer. I did all the troubleshooting steps and it did not fix the issue.

Hi @darthtietjen,

Could you run through the troubleshooting steps for iOS device and let us know if it helps with Squad Arena. If not, you may have a bug on your hands. Bug reports can be shared on our bug boards here: Create a bug report

- EA_Lanna

I have attached screen shots of my issue. 

Message 1 of 6 (432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Squad Area not working after 6/16/21 update!

★★★ Newbie

I do not play games which does not work correctly, so yesterday I stopped playing the game after I reported it and waited for you to fix it. When I turned on the game today to see if I received a new update to fix the issue, it searched and found a new update. Since this new update today, the Squad Area is now working perfectly. I did nothing different. I did see the loading symbol before I played the Squad Area which usually means it is installing updates. 

Thank you for fixing the issue.

If you did not fix the issue, then somehow the game fixed itself by installing some type of update on its own. I will continue to watch this game to see if locks up again and report any issues.

Please note, I purchased this iPhone about a month ago and the only issue I have is with this Star Wars Game only. All other games and apps have been working perfectly. Therefore, the problem cannot be with the smartphone but with this specific game only. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (354 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @darthtietjen and sorry to hear that.

Could you attempt to do another battle (Light Side, Dark Side or Cantina) and see if you can progress past this new tutorial?

Please let us know if this does not work for you.

Message 2 of 6 (411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem and even reinstalling the game does not help. 

Catina battles, squad arena etc. lock up when the tutorial arrow appears.

The game is nearly unplayable.

Message 3 of 6 (375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not play games which does not work correctly, so yesterday I stopped playing the game after I reported it and waited for you to fix it. When I turned on the game today to see if I received a new update to fix the issue, it searched and found a new update. Since this new update today, the Squad Area is now working perfectly. I did nothing different. I did see the loading symbol before I played the Squad Area which usually means it is installing updates. 

Thank you for fixing the issue.

If you did not fix the issue, then somehow the game fixed itself by installing some type of update on its own. I will continue to watch this game to see if locks up again and report any issues.

Please note, I purchased this iPhone about a month ago and the only issue I have is with this Star Wars Game only. All other games and apps have been working perfectly. Therefore, the problem cannot be with the smartphone but with this specific game only. 

Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game still does not work for me.

I reinstalled again today and it freezes at the tutorial.

I hate to stop playing but if it does not work soon, I will after 4 years, stop playing this game.

Message 5 of 6 (332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I decided to try one more reinstall of the game and it now works.

I don't know what caused the bug but now I can enjoy my favorite game again!

Message 6 of 6 (320 Views)