Sprinting doesn't stop if you release the sprint button

★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? throhjen
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. doesnt matter
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. running
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't stop sprinting as soon as you release the sprint button, even if you have auto sprint or toggle disabled
What should be happening instead? stop sprinting as soon as releasing the sprint button
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? run-press shift to sprint and keep running-release shift while running and you will keep on sprinting.

Decided to report it here since nothing's happening with it on feedback. Even if you have auto sprint and sprint toggle turned off, you don't stop sprinting as soon as you release the shift (sprint) key. It massively reduces one's ability to fully control their character. Please fix.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Feedback/Make-sprinting-on-hold-ACTUALLY-sprint-on-hold/m-p/908443...

Message 1 of 28 (3,494 Views)

Re: Sprinting doesn't stop if you release the sprint button

★★ Guide

It's gonna get fixed soon, gotta be...right? RIGHT?

Message 2 of 28 (3,398 Views)

★★ Guide

Next time for sure.

Message 3 of 28 (3,338 Views)

★★ Guide

I feel it, this is it, this time it gets fixed for sure.

Message 4 of 28 (3,188 Views)

★★ Guide

It didn't get fixed, oh well, another season i'm not playing.

Message 5 of 28 (3,142 Views)

★★ Guide

Just curious, will it be fixed? Do you not understand how this is affecting gameplay? Ill quickly elaborate: On close quarters, if you sprint forward, pressing shift, release shift then change direction while moving forward (W+A or D) you will still sprint, delaying the next shot since you have to fully stop from a sprint in order to fire. This is one of the things that makes close up fights so bad. At this point, do whatever, if you're contempt with the level your game is at and don't plan on improving it at all and you only want to monetize it further, you go ahead and release more stuff people can spend money on, it worked so far, after all the graphs are right, right?

Message 6 of 28 (2,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Throhjen feels like the developers have something against hold to sprint. maybe they think it can be exploited in some way
Message 7 of 28 (2,936 Views)

★★ Guide

Still not fixed, a million seasons later, no idea why do i still care, or IF you care, just saying, game needs some work.

Message 8 of 28 (2,856 Views)

★★ Guide

Will you ever fix this bug? If you run and strafe left or right after releasing sprint button, you still are in sprint mode and shooting will be delayed. Just how hard is it to make it so you ONLY sprint as long as you HOLD a bound button? That's it, have full control over movement, not this BS that's been happening for 9+ seasons. Any response at least? Let people know if it's gonna happen or not, as in its current state, it drastically reduces game enjoyment (at least mine). 

Message 9 of 28 (2,478 Views)

★ Guide
@Throhjen I feel you, man. I've been trying to catch the devs' attention to long existing Octane bugs for months now that are so simple to fix. And you here have been reporting a much much simpler bug for a year! It's seems like EA's debugging team is severely undermanned.
Message 10 of 28 (2,471 Views)