Sprint Stuttering

by Refribrillator

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Can’t Sprint (Stutter)

Community Manager

@deejaystu 

What type of controller do you have and which platform do you play on?

Have you tried reinstalling the game yet and is it installed on an external hard drive?

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 21 (1,804 Views)

Sprint Stuttering

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Nonfat-Cat
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I've been in multiple areas of the map when it happens
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to sprint
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? All of my matches since the game launched up until Season 2 launched
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The character can't sprint properly, and won't move any faster than normal.
What should be happening instead? The character should sprint like normal, and gain speed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any time I sprint it happens, but it only ever happens on certain accounts as far as I've heard

Basically, every time I sprint my character does this weird stuttering between sprinting and walking. Whether I hold down L3 or double tap it or anything else the sprint doesn't activate for longer than a second or so, but instead my character stutters at a slow speed (not slow-motion, just not running like they should). I can walk just fine but it's nearly impossible to gain any distance by sprinting, which leaves me far behind my teammates and unable to help them. It's incredibly irritating, and I only experience it in Apex Legends, so I know it's not the controller. I only started having this issue after downloading the Season 2 update, but I know some people have had it since the game launched. None of them have found any real solution, the problem just seems to just go away randomly in their cases. So far I've only played Wattson and Gibraltar a few times while having this problem. Other than this weird sprint stutter there's no lag in the games and no indication of poor connection from either the game or any other devices in the household.

Message 12 of 21 (1,854 Views)

Sprint

★★★★★ Newbie

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ShadowImpact23
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All Areas
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to sprint for a long period of time. I thought it was my controller at first so I bought a new one, still didn’t work. I changed my button layout but it didn’t matter, my character won’t sprint for any amount of time. It’s been like this for weeks and no word on any fixes. What do I do at this point?
What should be happening instead? I should be able to sprint
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Auto Sprint or just let me run properly

Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ShadowImpact23
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All Areas
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not available information
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to sprint for a long period of time. I thought it was my controller at first so I bought a new one, still didn’t work. I changed my button layout but it didn’t matter, my character won’t sprint for any amount of time. It’s been like this for weeks and no word on any fixes. What do I do at this point?
What should be happening instead? I should be able to sprint all the time like everyone else
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let me be able to sprint properly

I am unable to sprint for a long period of time. I thought it was my controller at first so I bought a new one, still didn’t work. I changed my button layout but it didn’t matter, my character won’t sprint for any amount of time. It’s been like this for weeks and no word on any fixes. What do I do at this point?

Message 13 of 21 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry 

Dear Mr. Community Manager,

I have just visited posts on reddit and have come to a conclusion that many players are experiencing this frustration. Most of us experiencing this problem are fed up and not willing to play or otherwise trying to play bit with limited mobility.

Hence I would please request you to communicate this with your team or with your seniors.

Thanks in advance on behalf of all players struggling to sprint in this game even though they have tried everything to resolve this matter.

Kind regards

Albees

Message 14 of 21 (1,763 Views)

Auto run

★★★ Newbie

I can’t auto run anymore when playing Apex on PS4. I eun for 2-5m, then stops and i either have to toggle or hold the button to continue sprinting. 

Tried to change sprint button as well, but without any luck..which indicates that the conteoller should still be working.

Message 15 of 21 (1,751 Views)

★ Novice
@deejaystu Honestly, i agree. Insanely annoying and is ruining the game for me, forcing me to have second thoughts about trying to even play the game that day. I hope they fix this soon, because its gonna lose us players...
Message 16 of 21 (1,706 Views)

Re: Sprinting cancelled after a few seconds of sprinting, all day every day.

★★★ Novice

This is still happening to me on ps4

Message 17 of 21 (1,486 Views)

Re: Sprinting cancelled after a few seconds of sprinting, all day every day.

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue and it’s not hardware related I have tried old controllers, new controllers, all of it 

Message 18 of 21 (1,486 Views)

Re: Sprint Stuttering

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too

Message 19 of 21 (1,485 Views)

Re: Sprint Stuttering

★★★★ Pro
@ApexRumors After purchasing 4-5 new controllers over the lifespan of apex, the issue is due to the ps4 controller, especially with brand new controllers, after around 48 hours of use it starts to drift for no reason. I have no issues with drifting on apex anymore, if I do it is due to the controller. You need a new controller. Also make sure you have auto-sprint on.
Message 20 of 21 (1,472 Views)