Apex Legends Can’t Sprint (Stutter)

by deejaystu

Original Post

Sprinting cancelled after a few seconds of sprinting, all day every day.

★★★★ Pro

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? FPS_MoNo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All over the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sprinting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? happens every single game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since release of the game
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I have to constantly keep clicking L3 to sprint, then after a few seconds i'm brought back to a walking stance.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to click L3 once and I am able to sprint indefinately
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a PS4 controller and click L3

I need this bug to be fixed, my left thumb is hurting severely after playing around 10 games, why? Because the map is huge. I roughly have to click the sprint button around 150 times per match, so 150x10 = 1500, L3 clicks per day, absolutely atrocious. Please fix this issue. I have a new controller, i have tried my old controllers, I have tried sprinting diagonally and straight, the problem occurs and it is definately not from my side. 

Message 2 of 21 (3,363 Views)

For some reason I’m aiming with L3

★★★ Newbie

For some reason almost 2 weeks ago I was playing with my buddies got offline 2hrs late get back online and join a match I notice that I could no longer sprint with L3 for some reason I was aiming with L3 consider that I never mess with my settings although I can sprint I find it difficult to activate the action instead it activates the aiming action so when ever I encounter another squad I can’t push with my team I confuse myself since I have LT and L3 to aim with I’ve deleted apex and reinstalled to see if my settings would change and nothing I set my settings on my Xbox to default and I still have the same problem I’ve set the apex settings to default multiple times and nothing changes at this point I don’t know what to do little by little I’m starting to hate the game I think it’s a bug I can’t enjoy the game anymore I need help guys plz 

Message 1 of 21 (3,343 Views)

Re: Sprinting cancelled after a few seconds of sprinting, all day every day.

Community Manager

@MoNosDirtyGaming 

What type of controller are you using, stand PS4 one that came with the console or a custom one?

I know it's not ideal but have you tried reinstalling the game or testing out another controller just to rule out it's not hardware related?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 21 (3,319 Views)

★★★ Guide

WTF is this post :DDDD my eyes get hurt after playing 5hours please fix it aswell :DDDD

Message 4 of 21 (3,316 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry all of my ps4 controllers are official controllers. It is definately not hardware related. I've also tried to reinstall the game twice. The issue still persists.
Message 5 of 21 (3,306 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@adidasPowah Even though you're being sarcastic here.. Your eyes most likely hurt because your FOV is set really low, set it anywhere between 94-106 and you should be fine (for consoles)
Message 6 of 21 (3,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@MoNosDirtyGaming 

Do you have anything plugged into the USB slot? If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 21 (3,283 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry I dont own an external hard drive and I do not have anything plugged into the console, except a charging wire.
Message 8 of 21 (3,266 Views)

Community Manager

Super strange. We'll flag this down for the team to be aware of. I'm sure you have the latest software update for PS4 and restoring the license might be worth a try at this point. 

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 21 (3,256 Views)

Apex Legends Can’t Sprint (Stutter)

★★★ Newbie

This issue is literally driving me crazy. I can’t play this buggy game anymore because I can’t even maneuver properly. Every time I want to sprint, I have to click down on the L3 button about 4-5 times before I can sprint. It happens continuously over and over again. Maybe 1 in 100 games the bug won’t take place and I can sprint normally. I’m positive it’s not my controller.

Please fix this... The game is unplayable for me 

Message 10 of 21 (3,207 Views)