Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on?
What was your chosen difficulty level?
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Interceptor
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. The issue is actually occurring in both Fort Tarsis and in general play in all modes, but I've tested it most frequently in Freeplay. Sometimes the sprint function just outright stops working. It's not an issue with my controller, either; I can click the left stick to fly just fine, but when I try to hit the ground at an angle that would normally automatically cause the Javelin to break into a sprint upon hitting the ground, it instead just won't work. It won't work when sprinting while walking on the ground, either.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug When using a controller on PC, the left stick works fine for engaging flight, but sprinting will occasionally just outright stop working. This happens in both Fort Tarsis's first-person gameplay, and in all third-person Javelin game modes. Additionally, while using a Javelin and flying, normally if you fly into the ground at the correct angle, you'll automatically break into a sprint. However, since the Icetide update, when sprinting becomes disabled, this doesn't work anymore, and instead the Javelin will not break into a sprint and instead use the walking animation. If I use the keyboard controls it will resume working fine, but won't work when I switch back to controller.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using an XBox controller with the PC version of the game on Origin. It may be working fine for a bit, but it will intermittently decide to stop working if you play it for long enough.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sprinting becomes disabled in both Fort Tarsis and Freeplay
What should be happening instead? Sprinting should be working every time.

Sprinting in Fort Tarsis and in Javelin gameplay appears to be bugged, as described in the report above. Since clicking the left stick works fine for engaging flight, it is not an issue with the controller, and sprinting works with the keyboard, but the sprinting action itself seems to intermittently become disabled using a controller. While landing at an angle from flight will normally automatically engage sprinting, this no longer occurs while the bug is in effect.

Message 1 of 3 (1,131 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sprint not working (Controller/PC)

★★★ Apprentice

UPDATE: I was able to fix it with a repair of the install. Now sprint works properly!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,106 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to update this by saying that now Sprint appears to be COMPLETELY disabled with both controller AND mouse/keyboard.

Left shift still works for flight, but it does not work for sprinting. This happens in both Fort Tarsis and in Javelin gameplay. I tried adding a secondary key bind in case it was something messing up with my keyboard, but nope, still doesn't work.

Message 2 of 3 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

UPDATE: I was able to fix it with a repair of the install. Now sprint works properly!

Message 3 of 3 (1,107 Views)