by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Sprint cancels

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Crashinod
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to sprint
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Alot. It may have happened after the latest patch
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I press L3 to sprint it cancels, I had to press L3 multiple times or press it hard. It doesn't happen to any other game only this. I'm assuming the programming for L3 sprinting is set to very sensitive.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to sprint by pressing L3 only once
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Press L3 to sprint

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Crashinod
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere on the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Evertime I sprint
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A lot
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20.04.19 6:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I press L3 to sprint it cancels, I had to press L3 multiple times or press it hard. It doesn't happen to any other game only this. I'm assuming the programming for L3 sprinting is set to very sensitive.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to sprint by pressing L3 only once
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Press L3 to sprint

Message 1 of 4 (371 Views)

Re: Sprint cancels

Community Manager

Hi, @justindanix 

Do you have another controller you can test it out with and have you tried resetting the controller layout back to default settings? A power cycle might be able to clear this up for you with the steps below.

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue on PC

Message 3 of 4 (325 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I had the same problem but I bought a new controller just because of this issue and it worked
But i am afraid it will happen again with the new controller i only have this issue with this game
Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)