Re: Spouse not going to work and kids not going to daycare

by crinrict

Original Post

Spouse not going to work and kids not going to daycare

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had it happen after the last update with a Sim that I married that was part of the generated world.
What happens when the bug occurs? If my character goes to work and I go with and my spouse isn't at work already they don't go. Changing to another Sim and then back the spouse doesn't go to work automatically. Also it doesn't seem that the kids are going to daycare and are just staying at home without being cared for.
What do you expect to see? For the spouse to go to work automatically and kids go to daycare if both parents are at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started after the last patch.

I would attach a picture but don't know how to do a screenshot in the Sims 4 with the interface that shows the issue.

Message 1 of 7 (472 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I'm not 100% sure I understand the issue, but...

I play rotationally so I know that if you change households in the middle of the day all the adults will be missing work and all the kids will be missing school.

It sounds like you're playing an active career, and then switch control to the active sim's spouse or children to find them at home?  Do I understand that correctly?

Do you get a notification that the spouse is going to work or the kids are going to school/daycare?

Message 2 of 7 (439 Views)

Hero
@BubblesRKW Toddler has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Newborn-automatically-sent-to-Daycare-is-not-working/td-p/9772...

When you go to work with your active Sim, are you on your home lot or a different one ? Are they supposed to leave a tthe same time ?

Did you test another household to see if the same thing happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't get that notifications they are going, the kids will say "taking care of themselves". I am doing an active career (scientist) but the spouse is a job without a playable career.

I haven't tested it with a different household, I'll try that and let you know.

Message 4 of 7 (401 Views)

Hero
@BubblesRKW Do they start at the same time though ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (382 Views)

★ Novice

They don't, I join the wife and the husband is supposed to start an hour later.

Message 6 of 7 (348 Views)

Hero
@BubblesRKW Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature. I don't currently have a save to quick-test this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (337 Views)