Re: Splash screen stuck on fallen order and not loading

by mkthunderwd

Original Post

Splash screen stuck on fallen order and not loading

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug when starting the game, the splash screen or banner opens up but nothing happens. I have to quit Origin then restart Origin and the game will play, but the splash screen or banner is still on my desktop and will not go away until I reboot my PC. The only time it doesn't happen is if I right click on the game icon in Origin and then click on "Repair", when finished verifying files, the game works as it should, but if I don"t do that I am stuck with a banner overlayed on my desktop until I reboot.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start the game!
What happens when the bug occurs? when starting the game, the splash screen or banner opens up but nothing happens. I have to quit Origin then restart Origin and the game will play, but the splash screen or banner is still on my desktop and will not go away until I reboot my PC. The only time it doesn't happen is if I right click on the game icon in Origin and then click on "Repair", when finished verifying files, the game works as it should, but if I don"t do that I am stuck with a banner overlayed on my desktop until I reboot.
What do you expect to see? a patch that works!

Message 1 of 12 (10,497 Views)

★ Guide
@nymike638 The next time you see this, click on the splash screen so it is in focus and press alt+f4. The fullscreen game logos should appear immediately.
Message 2 of 12 (8,892 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having the same issue. When I seen your response, I thought it was the typical troll post. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try anyway, and sure enough it worked. Thanks

Message 3 of 12 (8,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Almost a year later and no response from the devs or EA, kind of bull.

Message 4 of 12 (8,615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@mkthunderwd Thanks for this!
Message 5 of 12 (8,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this problem - game stuck on splash screen and nothing happens.  Kill process and try again, nothing.  Click on splash screen and alt-F4, nothing.  Repair the install in Origin.. nothing.

The only thing that seemed to work was a complete uninstall and re-install. 

It seems the problem that I was launching from Steam, which then launches Origin.  

If I launch the game directly from Origin by right clicking the icon and pressing play (as opposed to the main play button which hadn't worked previously - not sure if this was a factor or not) the games gives me a savegame cloud sync issue message.  I have the option to play anyway.  I clicked it and it worked!  

I've yet to repeat the fix but it's well worth a try.

Also - make sure you have no custom resolutions set in the Nvidia control panel.

Message 6 of 12 (8,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This actually worked for me too! Thank you 

Message 7 of 12 (7,794 Views)

★ Novice

Thx u really helped this vet out. Ok yeah yeah now I can at

Message 8 of 12 (7,143 Views)

★ Novice

I meant i can play

Message 9 of 12 (7,142 Views)

★ Novice

I am amazed this still happens. Basically running into this because I have the game in Steam and trying to launch from there. Very annoying issue if you are trying to Remote Play since you have to go to the PC and fix it. However, I was able to get it working consistently by opening the game properties in Origin (I know game is in steam but should still show in your Origin Library) and disabling Cloud Save in Origin settings for the game. Once I did that, splash screen still shows when I launch the game but it just disappears right away. My theory is that both Steam and Origin are fighting for the save files since Steam also have a Cloud Sync process. Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 12 (5,896 Views)