Spellcaster not gaining talent points and charge bar fluctuating

by turtled0ve

Original Post

Spellcaster not gaining talent points and charge bar fluctuating

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Luxury Party Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Get To Work, Spooky Stuff, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day Stuff, Dine Out, Discover University, Seasons, Tiny Living, Jungle Adventure, Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a spellcaster and level them up and use magic
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been playing a new, fresh, CC free save and one of my sims is a spellcaster. I've been working on leveling them up, but ive noticed that I'm not gaining any talent points. My current rank is Neophyte, but i did not receive the talent point for leveling up. I've noticed that my spellcaster charge bar seems to be randomly fluctuating as well. I'll have a half full bar, i practice magic, and suddenly it will be completely full, before draining to be empty, and then it'll go back to being half full.. I'm just glad when i noticed the bug i had my sims familiar otherwise they would've died.
What do you expect to see? I expect that after each level up of my spellcaster that i gain talent point(s). And for my spellcaster charge bar not to fluctuate madly like this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game to the most recent patch.

I've never had this happen to me before, and usually im able to find answers to any bugs i may experience online. This time i couldn't. I dont usually like posting in forums like this, but I dont really know what else to do. It's frustrating...Especially considering if I use my magic at all i have the risk of dying because of the crazily fluctuating charge bar. And I cant discharge the bar because i never got the talent point to buy the perk with.

Message 1 of 12 (13,603 Views)

Re: Spellcaster not gaining talent points and charge bar fluctuating

Hero
@turtled0ve There's several threads for this. Which one do you think is closest to your issue

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-XP-bar-loads-unloads-rapidly/td-p/...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-XP-bar-loops-after-max-level-no-mo...

There's also one where the game creates a LastException. Do you have a lastException being generated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (13,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I read them both, and while my issues is a little different as I’m not gaining talent points at all, the first one seems to be the most applicable.

and no, I’m not currently getting any LastExceptions.

edit: @crinrict sorry haven’t used these forums myself before hope I did that right

Message 3 of 12 (13,532 Views)

Hero
@turtled0ve Could you try if the workaround given in that thread helps you (last post)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (13,520 Views)

Hero
@turtled0ve Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (13,453 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This bug just hit for me. Even trying a reload a save didn't solve it.

Had to do the 
stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 0
To set my sim at the lowest xp
Then
stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 50
To at least where he should have been and now got the talent point.

Funny thing is, this sim is married to another sim and she has zero issues getting a talent point.
They don't have any bloodline traits.

Message 6 of 12 (13,207 Views)

Hero
@Jaymacibe Yours also doesn't fit either of the links given above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (13,204 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having this issue too. My sim is not even able to practice 

Message 8 of 12 (13,071 Views)

Hero
@LauraKl10 Did you check out the links above ? Does either fit your issue ? Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (13,013 Views)

★ Novice

I dont have any cc or mods but still got this problem bug thing with fluctuating charge and no talent point gain no matter what I do. Please tell me how to fix this? I have tried all the normal ways, restart, reboot of comp and game, repaired etc. Reload erc.

Message 10 of 12 (11,206 Views)