Spectator and driver at the same time BUG

by Momulla25

Original Post

Spectator and driver at the same time BUG

★ Novice

Product: F1 2021
Platform:Xbox Series S
Summarize your bug I have spectator controls whilst also in control of the car.
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Multiplayer
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete full qualifying session and after loading up to the grid I get kicked from the session as “cannot connect to xbox live”. Retry connection and it works and then I rejoin the session and after the formation lap I select the take control option on my car
What happens when the bug occurs? I have control of my vehicle and have spectator mode controls.
What do you expect to see? Normal control of vehicle without spectator mode controls.

After qualifying when loading up to grid in a multiplayer friends only lobby, I often get kicked from the session with an error warning saying cannot connect to Xbox Live. I retry the connection to online services and connect straight away and rejoin the lobby. Naturally, I am in spectator mode upon rejoining the lobby so after the formation lap, I take control of my car and after the start sequence am stuck in a situation where pressing RT to accelerate also causes me to switch the driver i’m spectating as though I am in spectator mode. I have full vehicle controls and even have vibrations as the car goes round corners, however, cannot see what my vehicle is doing hence why I paused so my vehicle was in Ai while everyone overtook me. 

This has happened on multiple occasions for the last 3/4 weeks. Xbox one S. I have done the troubleshooting guides for clearing cache and checking subscriptions and I have a valid xbox live subscription but the bug still occurs.

https://streamable.com/cow5s6

Message 1 of 4 (2,811 Views)

Re: Spectator and driver at the same time BUG

Champion (Retired)

@Momulla25 wrote:

Product: F1 2021
Platform:Xbox Series S
Summarize your bug I have spectator controls whilst also in control of the car.
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Multiplayer
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete full qualifying session and after loading up to the grid I get kicked from the session as “cannot connect to xbox live”. Retry connection and it works and then I rejoin the session and after the formation lap I select the take control option on my car
What happens when the bug occurs? I have control of my vehicle and have spectator mode controls.
What do you expect to see? Normal control of vehicle without spectator mode controls.

After qualifying when loading up to grid in a multiplayer friends only lobby, I often get kicked from the session with an error warning saying cannot connect to Xbox Live. I retry the connection to online services and connect straight away and rejoin the lobby. Naturally, I am in spectator mode upon rejoining the lobby so after the formation lap, I take control of my car and after the start sequence am stuck in a situation where pressing RT to accelerate also causes me to switch the driver i’m spectating as though I am in spectator mode. I have full vehicle controls and even have vibrations as the car goes round corners, however, cannot see what my vehicle is doing hence why I paused so my vehicle was in Ai while everyone overtook me. 

This has happened on multiple occasions for the last 3/4 weeks. Xbox one S. I have done the troubleshooting guides for clearing cache and checking subscriptions and I have a valid xbox live subscription but the bug still occurs.

https://streamable.com/cow5s6

This is missing important information - what controllers are you using?

F1 22 will have a forced template, this is why.

Message 2 of 4 (2,752 Views)

★ Novice

Wireless controller for xbox one.

I have a custom controller button layout for the f1 game if that has any effect?

Message 3 of 4 (2,738 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Momulla25 wrote:

Wireless controller for xbox one.

I have a custom controller button layout for the f1 game if that has any effect?

What happens if you use a preset mapping? Could be an issue with your custom mapping, either way it's worth investigating.

IMO the custom mapping should not be allowed to cause a conflict, it should be blocked, if it occurs with the preset scheme then it is a bug.

Don't have XBox so can'r recreate - using a wheel on PC.

Message 4 of 4 (2,664 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help