by Qlivia22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Specific Sim leaves dates early and cannot be invited or traveled with

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work Realm of Magic, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Honestly this bug seems to only be happening with one specific sim in my game. I have tried: -Reseting Object (Debug) [many times] -Moving him to a separate household -Delete said sim and reuploading him No other sims in my game seem to be having this issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Using names to make this easier to understand: I want this sim (Isaiah) to be the romantic interest of my main sim (Lily). However, whenever I'm playing as Lily, and I try to bring up the "Travel with..." "Send text" "Chat with" "Invite to hangout on current lot" "Ask on date..." etc, Isaiah is never one of the options, despite them having multiple interactions and having a good relationship with each other. (Also unable to invite him as a guest to a social event). (This does NOT happen with any other sim in my game, including my other non-npc sims.) When I am able to get Lily and Isaiah on the same lot together, I am able to get Lily to go on a date with Isaiah, however as soon as the date starts, Isaiah immediately leaves and I am left with Lily getting a bronze medal on the date. I always see the "Goodbye" interaction in the queue but I'm not able to stop him from leaving.
What do you expect to see? My main sim (Lily) should be able to travel with the romantic interest (Isaiah) to different lots, invite him over, call him, etc. but he is never listed as an option when I open these menus. She should be able to go on a full-length date with him without him leaving immediately following the start of the date.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried attaching a video but submit button did nothing. I've tried removing the video so hopefully this works as I have been trying to fix this issue the entire day and I'm on the verge of tears right now because it is stressing me out so much that I have wasted so much of my day trying to fix it.

Message 1 of 24 (2,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Specific Sim leaves dates early and cannot be invited or traveled with

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Qlivia22 Looks like the Sim used to be Patchy. He has the scarecrow trait which probably accounts for the behavior.

Can you try playing him and enter the following cheat in the cheat bar (unsure if you need testingcheats or not)

traits.remove_trait scarecrow

This should fix him 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 24 (2,177 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Qlivia22 DId you check what job Isaiah has ? Sometimes they have 24/7 jobs which makes it impossible to invite them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (2,227 Views)

★★ Novice

He does not have a job

Message 3 of 24 (2,214 Views)

Hero
@Qlivia22 is that what he tells you when you ask him ? Is he a played Sim or a NPC ? Some unplayed sims are pushed into roles (barkeeper etc), so he might have one of these jobs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (2,205 Views)

★★ Novice

He is a played sim, not an NPC. 

He does not have a job - he is unemployed when I play as him and when my other sim asks about his career.

Message 5 of 24 (2,201 Views)

Hero
@Qlivia22 But not in the same household ?

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (2,192 Views)

★★ Novice

Right, not in the same household.

I can send you the save file now

Message 7 of 24 (2,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Qlivia22 Looks like the Sim used to be Patchy. He has the scarecrow trait which probably accounts for the behavior.

Can you try playing him and enter the following cheat in the cheat bar (unsure if you need testingcheats or not)

traits.remove_trait scarecrow

This should fix him 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (2,178 Views)

★★ Novice

That's odd - not sure how that happened, but I removed the trait and everything seems to be working fine now!

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 9 of 24 (2,173 Views)

Hero
@Qlivia22 Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (2,166 Views)