Re: Special event bug (internet hobby)

by felineciao

Original Post

Special event bug (internet hobby)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8s
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003509354120
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Quest for internet hobby disappeared when I was halfway through completing - To do list cannot be completed
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Singapore
Additional feedback

Quest for internet hobby disappeared when I was halfway through completing and had 16 hrs left. Tried restarting phone and app and doesn’t help at all. Another problem is could not complete to-do list because of 1 factor which is the spending of simoleons. Even after buying 2 or 3 home items worth above 100 simoleons the factor was shown as not complete which makes the to-do list not completed.
Message 1 of 5 (436 Views)

★ Novice

This Event bugged out on me as well however I completed it got the webcam, placed it and logged out. when I came back webcam was gone and the quest line was reset to 1 with only 7 hours left on the event..I contacted ea help..they forwarded it to another que, that que forwarded it phone call, call never received but got a email saying sorry we missed you? i was right there phone in hand. tried again..same thing. Finally gave up and closed the ticket and paid the 6.99 to unlock the hobby. This I believe was the end hope all along ea had when giving me such a run around. 

Message 2 of 5 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It disappeared for me as well, but the popup that it is a limited time thing still appears. I was nearly done the quests as well.
When I go to my actual quest page its gone. I thought maybe it expired until I got the popup just now.
I'm not paying to get it. I want it to wither reappear and have the same progress (I believe I had 3 tasks left) and time to complete it, or the heirloom and rewards given to me. I worked for a bug.
Message 3 of 5 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheMortyofC137 wrote:
It disappeared for me as well, but the popup that it is a limited time thing still appears. I was nearly done the quests as well.
When I go to my actual quest page its gone. I thought maybe it expired until I got the popup just now.
I'm not paying to get it. I want it to wither reappear and have the same progress (I believe I had 3 tasks left) and time to complete it, or the heirloom and rewards given to me. I worked for a bug.

Mine just completely disappeared while I was working on it and I contacted EA immediately, thinking it's a limited time quest and the bug needs to be addressed within that time. They only told me to post here after several emails, and I still dont have the internet hobby unlocked.

Also not gonna pay for it. I actually kept logging in to complete it while I'm at work, only to be encounter a bug and be told to just post the problem here.

Message 4 of 5 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

And now they’re offering me the 200 simoleons “for all your trouble” money again, LIKE I CAN BUY THE INTERNET ICON PACK WITH THAT. All they gotta give is the HEIRLOOM TO UNLOCK THE PACK AND IT’S WORTH ACTUAL MONEY.

Been playing sims to help with my depression. This is incredibly disappointing.

Message 5 of 5 (272 Views)