Re: Spare Parts inconsistency/bug

by SerWulfgar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spare Parts inconsistency/bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey there.

The way spare parts is worded creates a considerable inconsistency in the game for no good reason whatsoever.

The issue is that spare parts is a buff (green) and not a status effect (blue) for example.

When a character dies the buffs dont persist through defeat (unless stated otherwise) there is nothing new there. Revive cannot be prevented, all cool. The dying character loses the spare parts, all is well.

Now the problematic part is that spare parts orders other spare parts buffs to be dispelled which is also fine, it can order whatever it wants to order.

But spare parts cannot be dispelled. It is in the description.

So here comes the dispel effect, goes up against the dispel immunity... and wins??? Like, how?

Based on EVERYTHING in this game the correct function would be that the character dies, revive is triggered, the dispel is triggered then the dispel doesnt happen on the other characters because of the immunity.

I think I do unterstand the intention behind the kit, but you are creating contradictions and inconsistencies without good reasons.

If you want to get rid of a locked, undispellable buff you should definitely use the term "remove" as it was introduced in the general skywalker kit. Remove is a higher function and it can bypass the dispell-immunity. Or just make it a blue status-effect there are different rules for those.

As of now, removing a dispel-immune effect with a dispel effect is just flat out a bug.

Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hello @SerWulfgar 

Thank you for your thoughts. Could you please post your feedback in the official forum please? 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (374 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hello @SerWulfgar 

Thank you for your thoughts. Could you please post your feedback in the official forum please? 

Message 2 of 3 (375 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Gunner 

Why exactly would I want to do that again?

So the resident forum-dweller trolls and propagandists can come and agree/disagree with me?

What difference would it make exactly?

If they agree with me, then you will reopen this ticket or something? And if they dont agree with me then things are suddenly consistent?

Active abilities cannot dispel locked buffs.

Debuffs cannot dispel locked buffs (see Fear for further reference)

Status effects cannot dispel locked buffs (see extortion for reference)

EVEN the undending loyalty is worded as "expire" when the criteria are met.

This is the only interaction in the game when a dispel effect overrules dispel immunity and is wrong as such. Also, there is no need for it, you could make it expire, you could make it being removed, there are plenty of ways to phrase this wihout messing up the internal logical system of the game.

If you think as EA representativie that this is not a consistency issue then grow a pair and tell me so, dont send me to the forums, where we are constantly told that bugs belong here.

Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)