by Oakleyb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Soviet mission 5 doesn't end/ is unbeatable

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug oviet mission 5 doesn't end/ is unbeatable
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the mission - Proceed to Allied base #1 - Observe MCV pathing broken/ unable to enter Amphibious Transport - Destroy base, with exception of comm centre - Capture comm centre - Proceed to the Ore Island - Destroy all enemy units
What happens when the bug occurs? It seems like the mission win condition is tied to destroying the secondary allied base that gets constructed on the Ore island. However due to broken pathing the MCV is unable to enter the amphibious transport, making the AI unable to build the secondary base.
What do you expect to see? After all enemies are destroyed, that typically satisfies the mission objectives.

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Soviet mission 5 doesn't end/ is unbeatable
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the mission - Proceed to Allied base #1 - Observe MCV pathing broken/ unable to enter Amphibious Transport - Destroy base, with exception of comm centre - Capture comm centre - Proceed to the Ore Island - Destroy all enemy units
What happens when the bug occurs? It seems like the mission win condition is tied to destroying the secondary allied base that gets constructed on the Ore island. However due to broken pathing the MCV is unable to enter the amphibious transport, making the AI unable to build the secondary base.
What do you expect to see? After all enemies are destroyed, that typically satisfies the mission objectives.

Message 1 of 15 (2,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Soviet mission 5 doesn't end/ is unbeatable

EA Watch

Hi there,

We have just provided additional guidance on this mission which can be viewed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Soviet-Mission-5-Info-from-the-Devs/m-p/9188779/thread-id...

Arcadia.

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (2,709 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Facing the exact same issue as above.
MCV is unable to enter transport. MCQ was distroyed outside Khalkis Island.

Destoryed all Allies unites and structures. But unable to compete mission.

Message 2 of 15 (2,870 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem regarding the win conditions. The MCV can enter the transport and I constructed another base in the island. I destroyed all the enemies on the whole map but the win condition doesn't trigger at all.

Message 3 of 15 (2,861 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok it explains why I was unable to finish the mission. And yes the allied MVC was stuck near the shore.

So it's "Distant thunder" and I already reported it here because I didn't saw this topic:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Distant-thunder-mission-bug-doesn-t-end/m-p/9182207#M57

Message 4 of 15 (2,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here... I killed every enemy unit + captured the radar dome + built a base on the middle island, and nothing happend. It"s a bit annoying problem.

Message 5 of 15 (2,741 Views)

EA Watch

Hi there,

We have just provided additional guidance on this mission which can be viewed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Soviet-Mission-5-Info-from-the-Devs/m-p/9188779/thread-id...

Arcadia.

Message 6 of 15 (2,710 Views)

Hero

@EA_Arcadia 

Time stamp on that video seems incorrect. The time at which he nudges the MCV to get into the transport is 6:09 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPKnvWdwyd0&t=369)

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 7 of 15 (2,696 Views)

★ Apprentice

It doesn't make sense at all. So to make it work and to make the ally MCV move in the transporter, you have to make units land near it. I don't think it's a strategy, it's just a quick fix for this annoying bug.

Message 8 of 15 (2,657 Views)

★★★ Novice

As someone who used to work for a video game company. I think it's pretty unacceptable to say "Go do this exploit, to fix a 100% reproducible bug". I would think EA would have the time and money to fix this bug, that frankly should have been caught by QA during development. Very disappointed. 

Message 9 of 15 (2,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Oakleyb wrote:

As someone who used to work for a video game company. I think it's pretty unacceptable to say "Go do this exploit, to fix a 100% reproducible bug". I would think EA would have the time and money to fix this bug, that frankly should have been caught by QA during development. Very disappointed. 

To be fair, "during development" was some 20-odd years ago, when that mission was developed. This apparently happened in the original game too. And as far as I understand it it's also not a 100% reproducible thing; the script just messes up occasionally.

And I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed. I'm saying that, as long as it's not fixed, there is a way around it.

Not sure why you describe anything in that video as an "exploit" though... all he did was attack the MCV with some infantry so it'd start moving again.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 10 of 15 (2,561 Views)