Re: Sound glitches out and menu music missing

by v3ritas1989

Original Post

Sound glitches out and menu music missing

★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1060 (6BG)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Various
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.07.19 (last instance)
Summarize your bug Sound glitches out during gameplay. After this sound glitch has presented it also appears that Assignments cannot be updated either.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game. It seems to occur randomly regardless of game mode. I was playing operations today when it occurred again. This is the fourth or fifth time it has happened to me.
What happens when the bug occurs? Environmental sounds such as explosions, gunfire (including from my own weapon), tank engines etc are severely attenuated so that all you hear are tiny little glitch sounds of about a microsecond at the start of each sound. Soldier call outs (speech from soldiers) are unaffected. On returning to the game menu after quitting the server the menu music will be absent entirely. After this sound glitch has presented it also appears that Assignments cannot be updated either.
What should be happening instead? all sounds should be heard normally, in full length, allowing proper battlefield awareness. Menu's should have background music audible and assignments should change after clicking to activate a new one.

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1060 (6BG)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Various
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.07.19
Summarize your bug Sound glitches out during gameplay. After this sound glitch has presented it also appears that Assignments cannot be updated either.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game. It seems to occur randomly regardless of game mode. I was playing operations today when it occurred again. This is the fourth or fifth time it has happened to me.
What happens when the bug occurs? Environmental sounds such as explosions, gunfire (including from my own weapon), tank engines etc are severely attenuated so that all you hear are tiny little glitch sounds of about a microsecond at the start of each sound. Soldier call outs (speech from soldiers) are unaffected. On returning to the game menu after quitting the server the menu music will be absent entirely. After this sound glitch has presented it also appears that Assignments cannot be updated either.
What should be happening instead? all sounds should be heard normally, in full length, allowing proper battlefield awareness. Menu's should have background music audible and assignments should change after clicking to activate a new one.

Message 1 of 3 (438 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have experienced this too. Though I noticed that it was always with one specific sound. E.g. in one match suddenly all the Lewis guns on the map made a diferrently pitched sound, which was audible over longer distances. In another match is was another weapon, though I did not see which one, but I could hear it clearly over the distance. I´ll try to get a video sample next time.

Sound: 7.1  with War Tapes

Message 2 of 3 (415 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield V, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic

Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)