Sound cutting out

by Pav94an

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 Sound Bug

Hero

@DYSPROssium wrote:

Hi @DarthFDG !

The sound bug that you have reported is not the same sound bug as before. It seems like the game restores itself after the sound bug happened, resulting in a frequently cutting out of sound just as in the video.

This new sound bug has a new thread over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-Sound-Bug/m-p/7144180#M19743. Could you please post your video and story over there to keep things tidy :eahigh_file: ? 

The new sound bug is probably a left-over artefact from the previous sound bug. Still is a problem though.

seems to me its the same issue.  DICE fortunately is in the midst of fixing it - and making some progress, thank goodness.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 421 of 430 (3,251 Views)

Hero

It would appear that the fixes put in recently have gotten this issue to the point where it's manageable.  Very few complaints lately.

If no one suggests otherwise, let's marked this as solved.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 422 of 430 (3,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Atic

Sorry for the late reply, here is a recording of the new soundbug after the october update: https://streamable.com/kllw0

It's similar to the "old" one, but now the audio recovers and this occurs multiple times until the next map.

Message 423 of 430 (3,155 Views)

Hero

While the issue of sound completely cutting out (and having to restart the game for it to come back on) appears to be resolved (Hooray!), there is another bug for sound coming in and out, which appears to be there since the Grievous update -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-Sound-Bug/m-p/7144180#M19743

If you are having that problem, its best you include details in that thread.

Message 424 of 430 (2,990 Views)

★★ Apprentice

ok, soi have a different Bug.

Its only on 1 or 2 maps. Every time a grande explode i hear a single crask and the sound is mute for a second. ONe is the Death Star Map.

Message 425 of 430 (2,981 Views)

Hello @Baraka 

That bug is probably different than the one reported in this thread. Please proceed with your example and post that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-Sound-Bug/m-p/7144180#M19743 That way, the devs know that it is a new issue! 

Thanks!

Message 426 of 430 (2,976 Views)

Re: Sound cutting out

★★★★★ Novice

This problem is not solved, happens frequently to me randomly. Sound goes out then comes back, can't concentrate while playing. Sometimes it's even loud bangs and distorted sound tails that really hurts my ears, also randomly. Can't focus on the game when there's sound issues all the time

Message 427 of 430 (2,284 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've just started getting a sound bug that is different from the previous bugs.  I have sound when the game starts with the Lucasarts logo, but then the sound disappears for good from the Criterion logo.  Totally gone.  Restarting does not resolve it - it only repeats the pattern exactly.  I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for audio.
Anybody else??

Message 428 of 430 (1,919 Views)

Hero

@Yazbekistan wrote:

I've just started getting a sound bug that is different from the previous bugs.  I have sound when the game starts with the Lucasarts logo, but then the sound disappears for good from the Criterion logo.  Totally gone.  Restarting does not resolve it - it only repeats the pattern exactly.  I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 for audio.
Anybody else??

If it's a different bug, you should enter it as a separate bug.

Message 429 of 430 (1,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having simular issues on Xbox One with the Superchargers going silent as soon as a race starts.
Message 430 of 430 (1,742 Views)