Re: Battlefront 2 Sound Bug

by DokkenFrosst

Original Post

Champion

@-DW-GarthRevan  @Raumentonus

Agree with GarthRevan. Same happened to me. It did recover at end of round.

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 411 of 430 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I haven't had the issue for at least a month and I have over 6200 hours in. I hope the issue is resolved. I don't care if it recovers after a match or whatever. Just as long as it doesn't require a restart.

I'm not sure if it was related to this but the PC crashing on launch due to the uncapped FPS appears to be fixed (for the most part) too. Since the latest patch on 10/30, only once has the game stalled when launched. It now launches successfully about 90% of the time when it used to be in the single digits before the last patch.

Message 412 of 430 (943 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I bought the game yesterday. 

I have also the Problem.

Very annoying

Message 413 of 430 (850 Views)

Hello @Baraka

Are you sure you have had this bug by playing Starwars Battlefront 2 after the Grievous update:

Play a Galactic Assault match and you sound suddenly goes away and you have to restart the game to get it back

I am asking because I've seen no reports whatsoever on this forum or Reddit that this bug is still in the game. You are the only one so far. Do you by any chance have some footage of this bug happening to you?

Message 414 of 430 (843 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @DYSPROssium.

It happened to me since I bought the game (August 2018), so I've reinstalled all the S.O, and drivers up to date.
And now, its not like before the sound completely shutdown, instead, I have some randoms cuts, that it can ends in a total lost of sound, or cuts every 20...30, x seconds. The temporal fix, is exit BF2 and restart the program.

But, it's annoying, because it means you should quit from your actual match, or just playing listening the cuts the entire remaining match.

I am not sure, but I think I had 1 week with no sound problems, 2 updates before this last patch, and now this issue is back.

I have Maximus VIII Hero with the latest drivers from ASUS web page.

I will try to rollback the sound drivers to the windows version, to see if the problem disappear, but as I am seeing ppl complaining about this issue too, so what would be the common thing between who suffers this sound issue?

Kind regards,

Message 415 of 430 (785 Views)

★ Guide

This bug is complete nonsense. Why after a year is it still here? Got it 2 matches in a row tonight . I got in after 5 dead lobbies. Load in and pow. Sound bug and horrible server lag. I quit and restart. Come back in to pow. SOUND BUG! I can't believe this is still here! So frustrating. EA does not give 2 F's either.

Message 416 of 430 (726 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The sound never disappeared completely, it's for 2-3 sec no sound. But if it happens, then the problem does not go away anymore.

I am new to the game, I had no time to play around with the Sound Settings.

I try this today. When the problem shows up.

Is this true, Stereomix should be activated for this game? 

WOuld be weird and Interesting xD 

Message 417 of 430 (703 Views)

Hero

@Raumentonus wrote:

@EA_Ataashi

Not sure if this is an entirely different sound bug or the same one prior to the patch but downgraded but I definitely think something is still a bit screwy with the sound, but not on the same severity as the sound bug prior to the patch.

Just now I was in a GA Kashyyk match on the Separatist side and throughout the entire match my sound was cutting in and out, but in a different way than before. It would cut out suddenly, then a muffled echo of an explosion or gunfire would follow with a split second of irregular static, silence for a few seconds, then all of the sound would return. There was no real specific time-frame between when it happened either, it was either a few seconds or a few minutes before the next one would occur. The thing is though that it was never permanent, so the sound would stop, do all of the above, then return just fine and not once was sound gone for more than a minute, even 30 seconds I would say, so that is definitely a good thing compared to what it used to be.

After the match ended I was swapped over to the Republic on the same map, and I had no sound issues at all during that round. Map change, two rounds of Death Star II due to the Halloween event and no sound issues. As far as I know, this is either the same sound bug as before but downgraded or a completely different sound bug. Thankfully though it isn't permanent so I don't have to restart the game to get sound back and it was just for that one round, so either it was a weird one off or it is a bug that will happen at random intervals.

I'll try to record it if it happens again and post it here.

Thanks.

*EDIT* Happened again on Naboo on the Separatist side and lasted for that round, next round the sound was fine. Here is the video of it: 

Good detail, @Raumentonus

I had the exact same experience on 11/17/18.

Very happy to see some improvement for this bug!...

@EA_Atic - If it's at all possible to provide some explanation as to what was done to fix the bug, that may help people further troubleshoot.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 418 of 430 (638 Views)

Hi @DarthFDG !

The sound bug that you have reported is not the same sound bug as before. It seems like the game restores itself after the sound bug happened, resulting in a frequently cutting out of sound just as in the video.

This new sound bug has a new thread over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-Sound-Bug/m-p/7144180#M19743. Could you please post your video and story over there to keep things tidy :eahigh_file: ? 

The new sound bug is probably a left-over artefact from the previous sound bug. Still is a problem though.

Message 419 of 430 (627 Views)

★★ Apprentice

exactly, it's not a complete game breaker.

Annoying that's all.

Yesterday I did not have it once.

Message 420 of 430 (618 Views)