Re: Sound cutting out

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

I had it once today with the narrow setting, but it still feel less then before.

And really nice finding @Szaby59, I hope this helps we learn how to recover or even get immune to this BUG.

Message 341 of 430 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yep twice again today. This is definitely the last EA game I will spend my money on. And I will be making sure everyone I know not buy EA either. If you can't fix something they you make, then don't make anything else until you actually know what you are doing. 

Message 342 of 430 (994 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Szaby59 wrote:

I was experimenting with some of the audio settings and today I've managed to reproduce this bug in a weird way. In the Audio settings I set the Output to Surround 5.1 & 7.1 and the Dynamic range to Narrow.

Lost the sound on Endor and got it back, shortly. Then after that the game kept losing and then recovering it over and over. After the match ended I set the DR to medium and the game completely lost the sound. Not sure if it helps, but those two settings definitely have something to do with this bug.

Interesting.   I have never had it come back -  and I go on playing multiple matches after sound loss because I'm afraid I won't find a match or will have to play same maps over.  I always have to completely quit the game and start it back up to get the sound back.

Message 343 of 430 (926 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Gawd this is getting ridiculous. I can't even get through a first half of a round now. Its constantly cutting out.  Horrible customer service, we are coming up to a year that the game has been out and NOTHING. Just lip service from Dice saying we are looking at it, doing our best. Your best sucks arse. 

Message 344 of 430 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just as an update on this issue, the developers are working on it, as confirmed by F8RGE today in the discord of the game.

Working on Sound glitch 25-09-2018.PNG

It seems to be a problem in the game's engine, Frostbite. So keep in mind that means they can't easily fix this since everything you see in the game is build upon the frostbite engine. It is the foundation of the game.

Nevertheless, I hope the Frostbite engine team can sort it out and provide a fix for this. Happens almost 50% of the time on Kashyyyk for me and having to restart my PC every single time is a killer.

Message 345 of 430 (826 Views)

★ Guide

Good to know, Yesterday after installing the new update, I was on Jakku and lost sound again but and returned after like 30 seconds of silence.

Message 346 of 430 (730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i bought this game a week ago and i have this soundbug too... its anoying because i need to quit the game in the middle of the match. My friends have this bug too

Message 347 of 430 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Best game ever became worst game ever because of this bug, because of you. I hate you ea! i had 3 sound crashes in hour today! Fix this issue. We are your customers and there is no help since a year!

Message 348 of 430 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Novice
am a new player and indeed this happens.. many bugs.. but love the game...
Message 349 of 430 (1,036 Views)

★ Guide

@SchwarzCobra... Dont rant bro. Though I agree this should be fixed soon: Yesterday indeed. This is the worst bug in the game and EVERYONE i know gets struck by it frequently (on PC). Please DICE do a work around if the engine team cant fix it.

Message 350 of 430 (1,026 Views)