Re: Sound cutting out

by St0rmyweathers

Original Post

★★ Novice

Yeah, sound cut out on me too. Like many others it was on Kashyyyk. Very annoying. I can’t believe it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Message 281 of 430 (1,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Happened to me again. kashyyyk was the map.
After the last month for me I can narrow it down to Death Star and Kashyyyk Maps.

All other bugs that causes a crash or make the game unplayable have been solved for me with switching to Dx11

Message 282 of 430 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Purchased this game yesterday. This issue -still- exists and is wide spread. Luckily my refund went through, but I'm disappointed that it broke the game that much for me to refund it. Other than this bug, I was having a ton of fun. Would come back for a fix.
Message 283 of 430 (1,067 Views)

★ Guide

I think this is less frequent for me, I guess since last patch. I play a couple of hours every day after work, at least happened to me yesterday starting GA in Takodana for the empire, side less than a minute at the first phase. Had to quit after the round finished, it’s a shame because it was a great team, winning all the matches but was it’s not fun and worse it’s harder to play without sound and I’m not a great player.

Message 284 of 430 (1,015 Views)

★ Guide

STILL had it so many times ... Three times with heroes last two days.
fourth time when I entered my favorite map ... Naboo.

Also many people had it again and had to restart.

Message 285 of 430 (999 Views)

★ Guide

Again today, Naboo, after playing like an hour, after I found the solution for the stuttering during the game, another bug to crush.

Message 286 of 430 (1,238 Views)

★★ Apprentice
What's the solution to the stuttering?
Message 287 of 430 (1,235 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Is there a console command that would reload the sound without the need to restart the game? Kind of a crutch.

It is happening only on GA, I have not experienced it anywhere else.

Message 288 of 430 (1,211 Views)

★ Guide

@Hairbautt wrote:
What's the solution to the stuttering?

In my case, for the stuttering problem I have done a lot of things. The last one is posted here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/100-CPU-usage-fix-no-more-crash-freeze-or-stuttering/td-p..., this changes two configuration files and creates another one to limit the FPS to 60. The ones that I remember that I think that made the game better, turned off DirectX 12, and disabled fullscreen optimizations by going to the game executable at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Star Wars Battlefront II, right click the exe file, compatibility tab and then checking “Disable fullscreen optimizations” checkbox. Now I’m testing the Stereo mix solution earlier on this thread, it’s not for this version of Battlefront but it worth a try. I hope this helps.

P.D. I think I saw you playing last night.

Message 289 of 430 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You should check the general guideslines for Origin install. Origin has trouble with other software. Even Windows Defender. You should also check if you system has enough CPU and GFX power. Also your sounddriver or soundchip could be buggy. I know from pro sound software using ASIO or DX that a consicerable bunch of sounddrivers have been written "sloppy" at best. In worst case there are cheap low latency USB Audio interfaces you can buy as an alternative (e.g. close to pro level Behringer UCA-222  is avaiable for 25€/29,90 USD and might help you, no guarantee  though). Also check your overall system performance. Background task that your are not aware of can drop your systemperformance. Run services.msc and check what stuff you are running. Also  check system start. On Windows 10 you find this on the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) on Win 8 and before download systernals "autoruns" - can be downloaded from the MS Hompage. Also you find procexp.exe / procexp64.exe there a much more sophisticated process manager. You should have no other programs running in background while gaming (other than standard services and ones you really intentionally want) as long as you dont have an extrem powerhouse of a computer.
However be very cautious and be sure to know what you do - changes could have serious consequences like certain services not working anymore and / or system start failure if you really skrew up.  I cant help you in case of failure nor take any guarantee for such occurrences.

However this is a bit OT because the soundbug we are discussing here is clearly cross hardware and so related to BF2 and not a bugged hardware driver or bottleneck hardware or software wise.

Message 290 of 430 (1,125 Views)