Re: Sound cutting out

by Bakgrind

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

This is caused by the massive server lag and latency spikes on backend side which causes the rubber banding too. But no one from EA seems to be able to fix it. I could help out in that case for a decent payment.

Message 31 of 430 (3,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

sounds cuts of and I'm gone to deaf in Kashyyyk. Everytime during the Juggernauts sabotage act.

Message 32 of 430 (3,175 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same for me, sound cuts off during mid match and is only fixed by restarting the game.
Message 33 of 430 (3,132 Views)

[ Edited ]

It seems that this bug is still present. Let's gather some facts.

1) the bug occurs at least on PC
2) when the sound is abruptly cut, no sound will be heard again until the game is restarted or computer is restarted.
3) there is not yet a way found to restore the sound without restarting
4) it seems to occur mostly on Kashyyyk, even at a specific point in the second/third phase, with the juggernaut.
5) the bug happens not too often, but on kashyyyk around 2% maybe. Rough estimate though.

Message 34 of 430 (3,076 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Patch 1.2 to be released this Monday. Maybe this will be fixed.

On Monday, the 19th of February, Star Wars Battlefront II Patch 1.2 will go live across all regions and platforms. This update is both a client and server update and will require a client update. While we do not expect downtime on the server side, players will receive the update as outlined below.

February 19th, 2018
Scheduled Patch 1.2 Rollout:

• PC: 9:00 UTC /1:00 AM PT
  • PS4: 10:00 UTC /2:00 AM PT
  • X1: 11:00 UTC /3:00 AM PT

Patch notes will be posted once the update is verified live. We thank you ahead of time for your patience.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/99303/star-wars-battlefront-ii-patch-1-2-rollout-2-19-1...

Message 35 of 430 (3,057 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Lucien1969 dude, we all can see the sticky at the top of the forum. It's not needed to copy & paste it into every thread like you've done the last 6-8 threads at the top of this forum.

Trying to get your level up by replying with someone else's message or what?
Message 36 of 430 (3,051 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has happened to me a few days after the game launched and has been happening off and on right up until yesterday, where it happened twice in a row on Kashyyyk and then for the first time, it happened on Hoth.  There have been several patches already and its still not fixed. 

Message 37 of 430 (2,989 Views)

★ Apprentice

1) The bug occurs at least on PC
 2) When the sound is abruptly cut, no sound will be heard again until the game is restarted or computer is restarted.

3) It has been happening for me frequently on  Kashyyyk at specific point in the second/third phase.

Message 38 of 430 (2,946 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Happend to me too in galaxtic assault picked up the big gun for the mttp or what they are called got blind from a officer grenade i think and then the sound cut off and like others i had to exit the game completly not just the match.
Message 39 of 430 (2,935 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
was also in kashyyk for me secound fase.
Message 40 of 430 (2,934 Views)