by meorime

Original Post

[W] Already max rel/soulmate Werewolves can't become fated mates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create a SIM, make a household of two people. In play, have the fall madly in love, max relationship, max romance, get married. Then have them meet Kristopher and get bit in the same meeting. They will transform for the first time together. Become werewolves together. My SIM couple flirts all the time. They're pregnant with a werewolf child at the moment.
What happens when the bug occurs? My male/female who are in the scenario above (both runts, in the pack) have never been offered the option to become Fated Mates. They are not Fated Mates with anyone else in the relationship panel. I tried adding the Fated Mate sentiment through console cheat - it gives an error. I tried breaking up the household into two households and applying the cheat. Still errors. When I disabled mods/content (listed below) I get no error in cheat console BUT nothing happens either.
What do you expect to see? I expected them to have the option to be Fated Mate when they flirted as werewolves. Alternatively, I expected applying the relationship cheat "modifyrelationship Fintach Douglas Masha Runya 100 sentimentTrack_Enamored_ST_FatedMates" to work (when on Fintach).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Custom Content: aom_selectable_pets, OrganizedDebugStrings, tmex-BetterBuildBuy, Tmex-TOOL. Script Mods: aom_selectable_pets, Tmex-AllCheats, Tmex-BetterBuildBuy, Tmex-TOOL. All updated. Same problem when disabled.

Below is the relationship/sentiment details for Fintach and Masha, the SIM couple described above.

ts4 mashafintaan relationship.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (3,345 Views)

Re: Soulmates, maxed romance before becoming werewolves, no fated mate option

★★★★ Guide
@meorime You won't get an option for fated mate. If your werewolf flirts with another werewolf there is supposed to be 50% chance of them becoming fated mates. You'll get a notification and see it in their profiles.
Try flirting some more.
Message 2 of 6 (3,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

They literally flirt with each other practically non-stop. I think there's a bug preventing already maxed soulmates from becoming fated mates? I'd be curious if others have a different experience. 

Message 3 of 6 (3,297 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@meorime I just had trouble getting my sims to be fated mates last night. They had to flirt ALOT before it happened. Another time it happened the second I hit the romantic interaction even before they did the interaction.
But it could be a soulmates bug.
Message 4 of 6 (3,156 Views)

★★★ Novice

I honestly think it's a bug and hope someone explores that. They're both romantic and family oriented and in a near constant state of flirtiness, something I've been regretting because getting them to settle down for anything else is a chore Standard smile  If they're not going to be 'fated mates' now, I don't see it happening given that it's supposed to be a 50% chance with each flirt/romance option. The only other thing I could think of is if they need to be higher in werewolf rank before the option occurs?  They're both still runts/omegas.

Message 5 of 6 (3,107 Views)

Re: [W] Already max rel/soulmate Werewolves can't become fated mates

★ Novice

I'm seeing an error when I try to use this cheat: modifyrelationship [Sim 1] [Sim 2] 100 sentimentTrack_Enamored_ST_FatedMates. The game is returning this error: "Invalid value for amount: '<last name of SIM 1>' (could not convert string to float: ''<last name of SIM 1>'

Message 6 of 6 (1,797 Views)