Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Titan X Pascal
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on?
What was your chosen difficulty level?
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Interceptor
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In combat.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24.02.19
Summarize your bug Using the Legendary marksman Anvil rifle, Soothing Touch, shots come out far right of where I am aiming them. After 3-5 hits on an enemy with this weapon, the bullets shift and come out way off of the crosshair. Also, once this bug occurs, I am unable to walk in a straight line for a short period, being forced to walk diagonally, and sometimes my view will move up and down for a short period before things return to normal. I can use my other weapon normally. This bug is pretty consistent and is easily reproduced in any mode, regardless of type, where the gun can be fired, essentially forcing you to shoot sideways to hit the enemy. I will attempt to attach or link video of it in action on the Tyrant Mine boss. The bug does not appear when firing the gun at non-hostiles, i.e., a wall. Perhaps aim assist is doing something funky here.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Shoot an enemy with the Soothing Touch rifle, possibly on Interceptor, and the effect should be immediately apparent after 3-5 hits.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stated above.
What should be happening instead? I assume Soothing Touch does not come standard with a 30 degree barrel turn to the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJsTOTTc1lY&feature=youtu.be

High definition video of the Soothing Touch firing bug.

Message 1 of 11 (1,869 Views)

Re: Soothing Touch Legendary marksman rifle broken due to aiming bug

★★★ Newbie
Exact same thing here to. My first legendary drop and it's junk. Not to mention the perk on the gun is kind of pointless on a marksman rifle that already has hardly any recoil. Poor legendary
Message 2 of 11 (1,782 Views)

★ Novice

the perk is what's causing the * aim lol

and it is a crappy perk to begin with anvil has almost no recoil, they need to scrap that perk and give it a new one like a fire proc explosion

Message 3 of 11 (1,760 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here on Xbox One X. Thought my control was broken or had drifting issues but as soon as I stopped using Soothing Touch all the issues were resolved. 

Message 4 of 11 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. PC legendary Soothing touch. Seems to shoot a few shots on the mark and then the rest shoot about 30° to the right.

Message 5 of 11 (1,515 Views)

★ Novice
This is happening to me as well, only it’s happening on the Xbox One rather than it being the PC. It sucks because I got a good roll of 200% damage but can’t use it because of this stupid bug.
Message 6 of 11 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought i had broken my elite controller not even a month old and it's not the controller but the Soothing Touch rifle it self. Come on EA fix this

Message 7 of 11 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with the soothing touch and the renewed courage (on Xbox), where it shoots off to the right for some reason, there's people sayin its somethin with the aim assist, but I believe that its somethin to do with the perk both guns come with because they have relatively the same perk, but whatever it is I hope it gets fixed cuz the perk doesn't seem to activate (in my personal experience) when firing both of these weapons to the right like this.

Message 8 of 11 (1,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

gun seems to work fine on my colosus, but has all the listed issues while on my ranger

Message 9 of 11 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm also on Ranger (on PC). Soothing Touch and Renewed Courage both have the bug. When their masterwork perk reaches the highest level all Javelin aim appears to skew far to the right. This includes any gun you use as well as thrown projectiles like the Gambit.

Message 10 of 11 (1,151 Views)