Sometimes There Is No Sound of The Ring

★★★★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? xpl0its
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. n/a
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? n/a
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Various Areas of Kings Canyon
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not sure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) This has been happening since around either S3 or S4
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't hear the Ring sometimes approaching
What should be happening instead? I should hear the sound of the Ring
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There is no particular way to find this bug, it just appears randomly is all I can say...

To be honest I'm not sure if I've ever noticed this happening on Worlds Edge, but it does happen on Kings Canyon.

I started seeing this problem either at the end of Season 3 or in Season 4.

This does not happen every time, but eventually it happens, and it's hard for me to give you an idea of how often.

I have had this happen many times, where I was busy looting as an example and not paying attention to the game or map, to of then turned around and noticed the ring right behind me, moving closer towards me with no sound, and because of this, the other day I died to the Ring.

I have played this game since Season 1 and I admit, I should be better at paying attention, but sometimes, I have come so heavily on relying on the sound of the Ring to judge when to move and when it doesn't happen, it makes life hard... LOL

Anyhow...

I do know at least this has been going on Since Season 4 and I really hope you PLEASE figure it out and fix it!

THANKS

Message 1 of 5 (697 Views)

Re: Sometimes There Is No Sound of The Ring

★★★ Newbie
Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xpl0its Me too
Message 3 of 5 (568 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens 50% of the time when you get respawned while the ring is moving.

Message 4 of 5 (552 Views)

I believe you are correct, @HailHortler 

If you respawn while the ring is moving, you will not hear the sound of the ring. See video

Message 5 of 5 (473 Views)