Re: Some of the most annoying "bugs", IMO.

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Some of the most annoying "bugs", IMO.

★★★ Apprentice

This is my first post in here Standard smile Elloh!

So, I'm having a few "issues" with the game. Just bought a new computer, had the same issues with the previous one, FYI.

The most important things (for me) that should be fixed in the game are:

- Sims stand around a lot. When giving them an interaction, they stand..and stand, like they're pondering whether or not they should do stuff.. I have to press pause a couple times to make them "react", when that doesn't work I reset them. This happens pretty much all the time. 

- Sims "flap" their arms when picking up dishes around the house and drop everything (also happens to the maids), like they're resetting themselves. If a give them more interactions in queue they disappear too. I think it has to do with each room having different moods, like if the sim goes from an inspiring room to an energizing room with plates in their hand, they tend to drop them more often. Also a recurring issue.

- The clock. At night, when every sim is sleeping, the time goes super fast. Or so it seems. An example, time goes fast until it turns 10 am, but then I press normal speed and the time is suddenly only 3 am.... Annoying. Have to toggle between fast and slow through the whole night for it to go fast enough, maybe it doesn't make a difference but I do it anyway.

- I recently bought a restaurant. And I follow my one sim to this restaurant every day, they work for 8-9 hours then my sim goes home. When my sim gets home to his family it might be really late in the evening or early night time. The whole family is up and about, in the middle of the night, toddlers and elders, just dancing around in the living room, cooking or playing video games. And their energy bars are full. This means that they go to sleep in the early afternoon while my sim is at the restaurant. I guess this is not a huge problem for most people. But I think it's unnecessary and it makes the game experience less great. I want my sims to "know" the difference from night and day. I wish the developers would fix this. Make the sims sleep at night when you're not "there". Because it's a bit more.. normal :P

- Clones. Sooo irritating! I made a family, not to play but for my main family to be friends with, moved them in somewhere and played with the main family. They became best friends. Later they met the same family in the park and they didn't know each other. I ended up killing them, I don't want clones in my game! :P But then my sim went to their house but no one lived there, and then I found out my sim family had become friends with the clones. Not the real family... I killed off the real family. *sigh*. Very confusing. 

- Proposing was not an option, when it should've been. The option never came up. I made the sim ask to be just friends, then build up the romance bar again, then he was able to propose. Weird. And boring, doing stuff all over again.

Other small "bugs" I can live with. But these should be fixed. 

Message 1 of 3 (704 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello! Standard smile

Did you read the pinned post titled "[INFORMATION] How does this forum work?" ? It could really help you out when it comes to reporting bugs.
(I'm pretty new to this place too, so I'm definitely no expert! But that info post has been helpful.)

Oh, and welcome! ^^

Message 2 of 3 (681 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Plau87,

First of all... welcome to Answers HQ! Party hat

I'm sorry you are having these issues Frown  Before starting to talk about them, you should know that if you are using mods or custom content in your game, you should try to play without them as they might be incompatible with the game or causing some issues. Here is an explanation on why: The Sims 4 - Mods and game updates

Some of the issues you are having have already been reported by other users. For example, the clock, sims standing around, or proposing not being an option. I recommend you to take a look to those threads for more information. On the clock and sims standing issues, we are asking for some information.

You can go to this thread for a compiled list of the reported issues: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209  You can use Ctrl + F to search on that page Wink

As you can see, we usually try to have one thread for each issue. That makes each bug easier to track for everyone Standard smile Also, it's more efficient if we need to ask for information, collect or give you information, as all the posts about the same issue are in the same thread. There's more information about the recommended process to report a bug here.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by clones. Could you explain that issue a bit more (in its own thread, if possible)?

Thanks Standard smile

Mai

Message 3 of 3 (679 Views)